38

"Lance, you should go eat, my pets will feed you," Jeremy says when he returns.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me," Lance tries to blow off how much energy it took to heal Dympna.

"You are not fine, Lance, now Jeremy has volunteered his pets so go feed. We won't leave without you." Leann says turning on the man she loves. "His little pets like to make like rabbits, just don't participate. Besides I want you to check on Roger, he might be causing them more than a little trouble."

Lance sighs, he has no argument against that. It's almost certain that Roger will be causing the humans trouble. And he drained himself far more than he's allowed them to know, he really does need to eat. "Very well."

"They are waiting to serve you Lance, I warned that you needed to eat." Jeremy says and claps the older demon on the shoulder in thanks for what he did.

"She means a lot to you doesn't she?"

Jeremy gives a faint smile, "I love her Lance. She's the only person to ever stand up for me against my parents even though they'd been abusing her for years. I didn't know, I would-"

"Have done nothing, because you weren't strong enough. Now you are. Avenge her and her children Jeremy. When I get back we'll find the missing demons and rectify the problem."

"Thank you Lance. What do you wish in return for healing her?" Jeremy asks looking worried.

"We'll talk about payment after this mess is cleaned up. We have several more levels to go still," Lance smile's a sly little smile. Leann just shakes her head in frustration at Lance's game with the all too innocent Jeremy.

"He really is too innocent even after all this," Verruca says coming up to Leann while watching the two males before Lance makes the portal and leaves.

"How can a demon be as old as he is and still remain so innocent is beyond me," Jim says coming up to them and wrapping his arms around Verruca. The blood and destruction surrounding them not bothering him in the least.

"That's a pretty little demoness though. He really likes her," Jim says nuzzling Verruca's hair.

"Oh, how can you tell?" 

"He begged Lance to help her and gave him a blanket promise. With that Lance could make Jeremy his slave."

"Yes, he could and I'd count it a price well worth it." Jeremy says coming up to the other three.

"Who is she Jeremy?" Leann asks what they are all dying to know.

"My father's brother's niece. My uncle adopted her when her parents died, but when my uncle and his wife died my father took her in. I fell in love with her from that first day. She was young, only about seven or so and so pretty. She was nice to me too, which was more than my own family ever was. She acted like a big sister, but never was overbearing or mean. She took on my brothers and sisters and won even though they were all years older than she was. She's a couple of years older than me. She even took on my parents, she never let me see the price she paid for that though. I begged her to not I didn't like to see the pain she had after, but she wouldn't listen.

"Now I know why, they were worse than shitty parents Leann, I could kill them both in the most painful way possible and it won't pay the price for what they did to her. They are the ones that hurt her and left her for dead. They forced her to live with my oldest brother and he forced her every night. As did my father from the first night she came to live with us. And my mother laughed as she screamed."

"Jeremy, she's strong, she'll make a fine wife," Jim says in the silence that follows his words.

"After living with Adon and his tender mercies for nearly two centuries I don't think she'll want to be around any of my family, including me." Jeremy says anger and tears evident on his face.

"Not true Jeremy, she was looking at you very like how you looked at her. I think if you give her time that she will be more than willing to be yours." Leann says smiling gently at the young demon.

"I daren't dream that high Leann. A beautiful demoness like Dym wouldn't look twice at me. I'm too soft and backwards for them."

Jim laughs, "Jeremy, there is nothing soft about you. You are covered in blood and this massacre that we are presently in, is more than a little due to you. You've tortured your siblings enough that even the strongest demon, Lance, alive blanches at the cruelty. I can't wait to see what you have in store for those shit holes you call parents. You are not backwards, you have the darkest streak I've ever run across in a demon, but at the same time you control it better than even Lance does. You have more kindness and caring than any demon I've ever heard tell of and that female was more than a little interested. It won't just be humans lining up Jeremy, should you desire to return to hell, you'll have the surviving demoness's lining up as well."

"I see no reason to come back here. Dympna will be able to find someone that will take care of her properly here. I don't think she'd like the restrictions living on Earth will give her." Jeremy says ending the discussion before the others decide to continue it.

Verruca and Leann take out some food they'd brought along to replenish themselves as they wait for Lance to return.