6

"Rose, I got this room ready for you. You can do whatever you wish to it. If you wish to redecorate any other part of the house talk to me about it. I want you to feel at home here as well." Jeremy says awkwardly showing Rose the room he'd chosen for her once he got home the night before.

In truth for a demon Jeremy is awkward. Although his looks, like those of all the supernatural others, make it so he could pass for a model, he has never learned how to deal with humans very well.

"Jeremy, last night the king said that your time of banishment was just about up. Why did you accept the bonding knowing you could go back home?" Rose asks herself unsure about things now.

"I've never had a friend before and in hell there is precious little chance for me to find one. Lance and Jim have both found friends in their bindings. I promise to never force you through the binding, Rose. I might not be good for much but I can guarantee that." Jeremy looks away from the penetrating look the witch gives him.

"You're lonely," Rose says succinctly.

"Yes, once you get settled in write me a list of foods and things you'll want from the store and I'll get them for you." Jeremy is uncomfortable talking like this with Rose, he's never talked so openly about his feelings before.

"Jeremy," Rose calls after him as he goes out to get the rest of her things from the truck they'd rented to make the move.

"Yes, Rose?" Jeremy says looking back over his shoulder.

"Thank you."

Jeremy is confused and turns to face her completely, "Why are you thanking me, Rose?"

"For giving up everything and giving me a chance." Rose replies blushing a bit herself. One of the reasons she went into research rather than practical is she doesn't deal well with people either.

"I still don't understand, but you're most welcome. I'll bring in your things, go ahead and start unpacking." Jeremy says already heading inside the truck to get an armload of things to bring in. He is therefore surprised when it all disappears.

Rose smiles shyly, "It's a spell the fey queen taught me. I've wanted to try it out, I hope you don't mind."

Jeremy smiles and winks at her. "Nope, don't mind at all. Do you need any more help or do you want me to go ahead and go shopping?"

Later that night Rose is eating her meal and talking with Jeremy when she realizes that he hadn't eaten yet, "Jeremy don't you need to eat as well?"

Jeremy sighs, "Yeah, I should head on out I suppose. Will you be alright alone?"

Rose smiles delightedly, no one has ever worried about her like this before. "Of course, I'll be fine. I put a warding around the house so that only you and I can enter unless invited in by us."

Jeremy looks at Rose long, "Rose, wardings like that aren't low level magic like you say is all you can do."

Rose looks down at her hands, "Well, the research I do, I get curious about some of the spells. When I found the one about the wardings, well I just had to try it out." She looks up at the demon in front of her, "You don't mind do you?"

"No, I don't mind. Actually it brings me peace of mind, but I think you're hiding your true aura aren't you?" Jeremy demands and Rose bites her lower lip. Although Jeremy isn't a sex demon he finds himself responding.

"Yes, I'm far stronger than I look. Even Verruca doesn't know how strong I am and she's the closest thing I have to a friend. I'm more along the lines of Leann, possibly even stronger than her." Rose whispers, now afraid of how Jeremy will take it. This was to be a bonding of equals at least at first, but she's strong enough to take control if she wants to.

"Then I am yours to command," Jeremy says voice leaden and defeated. It will be centuries before he'll be strong enough to be her equal.

Rose looks at him with tears in her eyes, "I'm sorry, Jeremy, I didn't want this. I want our bond to be one of equals, that's why I didn't say anything before."

Jeremy just gives her a brief flash of a smile, "Yeah, right. Well master, do I have permission to leave to hunt?"

Rose looks at the now closed expression on Jeremy's face, "Yes, of course." She can't help the tears that form in her eyes. Jeremy doesn't believe her and she doesn't blame him a bit. 

Jeremy for his part couldn't  believe how gullible he'd been. He thought he'd have to be careful once he got older to keep things equal, instead he finds out that he'd been mislead. He can't believe how he'd been played. He thought he could be friends with Rose, but she's no better than the other demons, not to be trusted.

"Jeremy? How's it going with your new partner?" Lance says as he runs into Jeremy while he's on his way to his preferred hunting grounds.

"I've been played, we've all been played. Pass on a message to Verruca for me will you? Tell her that Rosa is far stronger than we thought. She's on a level with Leann actually." Jeremy says hiding all his emotions from his fellow demon.

Lance's eyes open wide, "Oh, shit. Sorry to hear that Jeremy." And Jeremy knows that it's true, Lance hates foul language. "I'll tell her when I get done here."

"Thanks, Lance. Enjoy your meal." Jeremy says before leaving the other demon and looking for him own victim.

He follows his ears as he hears fighting break out and not just a small domestic disturbance either. His eyes go big and a smile brightens his face, the two biggest gangs in the area are going on a full out fight. Not just knives either, he should get a decent meal tonight. He finds a convenient spot and makes himself comfortable. As a gang member is hurt too badly to live Jeremy takes the soul to eat. After about an hour even he can't eat any more. He lets Lance and Jim know. Although he knows they prefer the sexual touch he knows that they hunger for souls too.