4

Jeremy isn't quick enough to catch Rose before she hits her head on the toilet or the floor. The blood starts flowing out of the reopened wound. Jeremy cusses himself and calls himself all kinds of names even as he goes and picks her up.

He takes Rose over to her bed and calls for a nurse. This will delay her being discharged and he doesn't like things interrupting his plans. And he most certainly has plans for Rose, but he can't do anything until he gets her home.

"What the hell?" Lena says as she comes in with the discharge papers.

"She passed out after she finished vomiting. I wasn't close enough to catch her." Jeremy explains.

Lena leaves and pages the doctor. When he comes in he orders xrays and an MRI to see what kind of damage might have happened, what is causing her to pass out like she is.

Once the doctor leaves and he sends Lena out Jeremy sits next to his gift and brushes her hair back from her head. "What is wrong with you my gift? Hmm?"

Lena comes back in with a hospital gown and shoos him out so she can change Rose. Then she goes and checks to see how big a mess there will be for housekeeping and is pleasantly surprised that she just needs to flush the toilet. But it was obvious that Rose had been vomiting. Perhaps it wasn't from Jeremy's words, perhaps there is something else wrong?

"No further injury to her head," The doctor says as he compares the two xrays side by side. The one from last night and the one from today. "But the real issue is the MRI. There is something going on in her brain, we just don't know what yet." Jeremy listens attentively. There is no way the doctor would volunteer this information and Jeremy had to use his persuasion on the doctor. He doesn't like using his 'gifts' on those that will be treating Rose, because he doesn't know how it will affect their performance in helping her.

"How long will she need to stay here Doctor?" Jeremy asks he wants her in his home.

"I don't know. Right now she's in a coma, Jeremy. I won't be able to release her until she is conscious once more. So it depends on her, not me." The doctor's words are curt, but his tone is sympathetic, he believes Jeremy to be her lover or something along those lines.

Jeremy is irritated. Rose is no more his lover or girlfriend than the old doctor standing in front of him. But the doctor believing that they are is a boon to him at least for now. "After she wakes up how long until she can go with me?"

"If she wakes up, depending on how long it is a twenty-four hour observation will be made. If she remains in a coma for more than a week, well we may need to keep her longer." The doctor gives Jeremy's shoulder a squeeze of comfort before leaving.

"Jeremy, my shift is over." Lena says enticingly from the doorway after the doctor leaves.

"Then shouldn't you go home or do whatever plans you had for the day?" Jeremy says absently. He doesn't have time for the games that Lena wants to play.

Lena looks at him in shock before she turns and stomps her way out of the room and then the hospital.

Jeremy turns from his watching outside and goes back to Rose's bedside. He takes a swab and the mouth wash and wets the swab down then he gently swabs out the inside of Rose's mouth. If the other demons could see him now he'd be the laughing stock of the underworld.

Jeremy has never been more thankful of his banishment than he is in that moment.

"Jeremy, I brought you some dinner," Lena says coming into the room dressed in a short mini skirt and tight top. Jeremy is guessing that she's not wearing any undergarments under that mini either.