24

"You feel this strongly Zee?" Lance asks gently.

"Yes, Lance. Should you go unprepared to that level you and those with you will die. Most of them might die as well, but all those with you will die. And with your deaths, we all will die."

There is silence after Zee finishes speaking. "Well I guess I now know why Jeremy felt he needed to take Zee on. He doesn't normally do guys, he's told you that many times and yet he's gone to you more than any of his other slaves. He didn't know why he needed to take you but he knew he did. I've never heard of demons having premonitions, have you Mightiness?" Lance says in the overly quiet of the night. Not even the insects were to be heard. 

Leann shivers, it reminds her too much of the night she met Lance and Jim. She rubs her arms as her arm hairs stand on end as recognition of the premonition hits.

She knows what needs to be done though. However, talking to her hardheaded partner wasn't going to be easy. "You will not go without me Lance. If you do I will never forgive you."

Lance looks at her with innocent eyes that all know is fake, "I wouldn't dream of leaving without you Leann. Only this time don't take all my fun away too soon okay?" Lance smiles at her and gives her a wink.

"Dammit Lance this isn't funny. Your life and the lives of all those that go with you will be in danger. That will include me, so you might want to give it a little more consideration, yeah?"

Lance sobers up immediately, "When it comes to you and your safety I always pay attention. Don't worry, I'm not planning on storming Hell any time soon. I'm going to want Jeremy and he needs to learn to control his powers before he can come with us.

"I'm sorry Mightiness, it looks like rebellion in fomenting in your Kingdom once more." Lance says and he's deadly serious. With his eyes lit up like lights and power gathering around him no one is taking him lightly. "I will be your champion, once more Mightiness if you will accept me."

"Always, Lance. I always will accept any help you give me to help me keep my kingdom."

Lance smiles and the darkness flees, but those that see it can't help but feel sorry for what Lance has planned for them.

"Oh, there will be preparations love, I will be depending a lot on you and young Jeremy this time. But," Lance smiles happily, "I will be having fun as well."

"My master..."

"No worries Zee, I won't take him until he's ready to go and all other preparations are set. I won't risk his life any more than I'd risk Leann's."

Jeremy wakes up in the darkened room hurting all over his body. Little by little memory replaces the blank spots in his brain. "I'm never going to do that again." He mumbles to himself.

He slips out of bed but upon trying to stand finds himself unable to. He's weak, weaker even than after he gained his new powers. 

He falls to the floor. The noise  is locked into the room due to the sound proofing yet still there is a quiet knocking on his door.

"Enter," Jeremy says even as he holds his hand to his head.

"Master, do you need assistance?" Jeremy lets his face show his confusion, he doesn't recognize this slave.

"I hunger, and I'm too weak to hunt," he says perhaps too bluntly for his slave, but he doesn't care, his hunger is almost consuming him.

"Let me help you master," Lena he remembers her name now.

"You alone won't be enough Lena, I'll need you all," Jeremy growls and Lena backs away. It would be better if Jim or another demon helped him. He's dangerous at this time.

Lena doesn't back away and this gives him a surprise, he knows that he scared her earlier.

"I'll get the others master and then we'll get you back in bed, please be patient," Lena pleads and then flees the room.

Jeremy hallucinates while she is gone and doesn't even respond as his slaves help him back to bed. Knowing his needs they take turns hoping that it will be enough. None of them want him to wake up and kill them all.

It is Zee that comes up with the idea that it might help matters if they all share the bed with their master. The presence of his slaves has proven to help calm him before.

With no other option open to them they take Zee's  suggestion and all climb into the bed with their master. Zee decides it will be more comfortable across the bottom of the bed then trying to stay in it while balancing on the edge next to Lena.

At first they find it awkward but as they settle down they too find it comforting to be near their master and they all end up sleeping comfortably.