23

"Jeremy, you called this court, this is the second time. Why have you called the court this time?" The King demands. He is getting irritated by the younger demon and hasn't bothered to really look at him until then. When he does he swallows his irritation. Jeremy is almost the same strength as him, it would be even bets as to who would win in a confrontation with him.

"What the hell happened to you boy?" Drummond the vampire rep decides to take up the conversation. He had noticed the increase in power as well.

"The power I have been denying myself for the last two centuries decided to make itself at home," Jeremy says dryly.

The King looks to Lance to explain. Lance sighs and expounds, "Jeremy's asshole parents didn't teach him squat." The court looks on amazed at how angry Lance is. "They didn't tell him that after the first wave of powers the increases wouldn't hurt. Jeremy refused the power increases because he didn't want to hurt. For about two centuries he managed to hold it back. Then a couple of days ago the dam of power burst and Jeremy damn near died as it settled into his body. But the holding back of power didn't just give him the power he'd have normally gotten it also multiplied it, almost exponentially so. Instead of two centuries I estimate he received nearly two millennia worth of power. It's been difficult for him to adjust."

Drummond is frowning, "Why haven't we heard of any mass murders and deaths then? Not even you and Jim could hide that many deaths from the authorities."

Jeremy in shame blushes and looks down remembering how Jim and Lance had to hide his murders of the frat boys. They took one of the bodies and buried it somewhere and started a fire to deal with the deaths of the other. Then they made sure that the only questions asked were which body belonged to whom.

"Jeremy didn't murder or kill anyone that wasn't already dying. He has far more self control than any other demon I've ever met that didn't have to practice for centuries to get there. It's even more amazing since he didn't have that good of self control before he received the overwhelming power. I was actually thinking he'd been playing me, but he wasn't."

Drummond remains frowning as do the King of Hell and Terry but Terry looks confused more than anything. 

"Why do you have your slaves here this night? My wolf is allowed but the humans shouldn't be here and you know it," Terry inquires.

"Forgive me, my slaves help me to keep control and when I have to deal with that bitch I need all the control I can get." Jeremy even then starts losing control. Zee goes up to him and Jeremy starts running his fingers through Zee's hair.

"They are bound to you so they will not talk I assume?" The King of Hell says and sighs at Jeremy's nod. "Very well they are allowed, but Jeremy you are pushing things you know that right?"

"Yes, Mightiness. I'll make this short. When we last convened the witch Rosa de la Cruz petitioned to have me bonded to her, but she failed to show her full strength to the council here, to her coven or even to me. She bonded me under false pretenses, even then I would have done my best to make the bond work, even though it left me in the weaker position, but she continued showing me disrespect and lies. I have done nothing to warrant the disrespect or lies. She had been warned even by the witches to make things right with me, but she continued making things worse. Even though I saved her life a second time she continued to lie and deny me my rights.

"I demands this witch make reparations for the lies and damage she's done to me and the treaty through her lies."

"Verruca, you are the witch that is most closely associated with Rosa. Are his accusations fair and accurate?"