Chapter 4

After the awards, Nick and I went to the after party. I changed out of my dress and into high waisted jeans with a crop top. I danced in the club like I usually do when we're at things like this.

Nick's never been one to dance and be super outgoing. Myself on the other hand, I've been that way my entire life. In the small town I lived in, people frowned upon that kind of attitude. As I belly danced and moved my hips, I saw Nick from across the room, talking with other people and a drink was in his hand. I made my way over to my husband, still dancing.

"Come dance with me baby." I giggled, running my hands over his shoulders and back.

"You're drunk aren't you?"

"Oh, quite honey. Now, come on!" I pulled him onto the dance floor, swiveling my hips even more and holding his hands in mine. He smiled at me, and as the bass dropped, I jumped up and down.

"Ugh, I'll save you sweetie." My best friend, Madison, bumped Nick out of the way. I nodded, basically giving him the okay to do whatever. Madison and I danced like crazy, for about three hours, before it was time to go.

Nick and I were being driven back home, and I had taken my heels off, my feet killing me. My head was on his lap in the backseat, the headache was already starting to form. I closed my eyes, Nick playing with my hair.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you babe?" I said to my husband quietly, squinting my eyes because I was barely able to keep them open.

"A few times." He joked, and I began to almost see more than one of him. I curled up in the seat next to him and fell asleep on his lap. I was lifted into someone's arms and exposed to the chilly night air. I heard the door open and was immediately welcomed by the warmth of what I guessed was our house.

"Mmm." I mumbled quietly, snuggling my face more into his shoulder. I didn't bother to open my eyes because I figured I was being taken to bed. My pants were taken off and I was grateful for that because I almost always just slept in my panties and a shirt. I hated sleeping with pants on.

I was set onto the soft covers and covered up immediately. Then Nick climbed in next to me after some time, right as I was about to fall fully asleep, slinging his arm around me.

"Sleep well baby." His lips met my hair and I moaned quietly before finally going out like a light.

I was woken up by the bright sun shining in my room, and I heard commotion downstairs in the kitchen. I squinted my eyes open, not seeing my husband laying next to me. I groaned and put a hand on my forehead, as my headache instantly hit. I was having a hangover, and I hated them. I took them well, but it didn't mean I liked them.

I buried my face into the pillows, shutting my eyes tight and putting my butt in the air. I stayed in that position for a few minutes, as it was the most comfortable for me right now. My period was coming, and I could already tell this was not going to be a good day. I groaned, flattening my body out on the bed again, looking up at the white ceiling.

"Look who's awake!" Nick exclaimed jokingly as I trudged down the staircase, my family in the kitchen. It was Saturday, and I was surprised they were all up this early.

"Why is everyone up so early?" I asked, leaning into his side and having his arm wrapped around me.

"It's noon babe." Nick said to me, chuckling.

"Ugh. My whole body hurts." Nick smirked, his mind clearly in the gutter. Kane looked at the both of us, and I could tell he was thinking the same thing as his father.

"Gross!" My son said, giving me a disgusted look.

"No! I'm having a hangover. So be quiet." I said, my head increasingly hurting by the second. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and then opened them to see Aster standing in front of me.

"Mama?"

"Yes baby."

"What's a hangover?"

"I'll have daddy explain it to you." I smirked at my husband before hopping back upstairs to the bedroom and laying in bed again.

...