Chapter 21

When we dropped Austin off at the hospital, I almost couldn't believe it. He was completely cooperative with us, he listened to the nurses, but I guess he didn't have much of a choice either.

On the drive back home, Nick held my hand on the center console. He knew something wasn't sitting with me right. The radio was off, so I turned it up a little, humming to the song that was playing. I stared out the window at all the trees and clouds passing by. When we got to a stop light, he raised my hand to his lips and kissed it.

"Hey." My husband said to me. I glanced at him before looking ahead of me.

"Yeah?" I finally questioned after a moment of silence.

"Everything will okay, I promise."

"But Nick-"

"Have I ever lied to you before?" He cocked his eyebrow, looking at me with those sweet brown eyes of his.

"No." I said quietly.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you." My husband smirked, playing with me.

"I said no." I whispered. Then I felt his fingers poking as my sides. I began to giggle.

"I couldn't hear you princess." He laughed at me, tickling me even more.

"You're driving Nicholas!" I yelled, laughing along with him. He stopped eventually, and when we came to a stop light, the paparazzi van was pulled up right next to us. They opened the big, black door of their vehicle, trying to get pictures of us. Nick rolled up the windows quickly so no one could see inside the car. I breathed out a huff of frustration.

"Paparazzi has really gotten on my nerves lately." I stated as we continued driving. Nick glanced over at me.

"That's life with a rockstar baby." A cheesy grin spread across his face. I stared at my feet on the floor, thinking about Austin. Was he okay? Would he be better once he got home? Will he be suicidal again? I never wanted my kids to have go through any part of what I did, and now here we are.

"Come on, smile baby. Everything is gonna be alright, nothing bad will happen to Austin. I won't let anything happen to any of our kids. Understand?" He put his hand on my leg, his thumb rubbing it in circles. Nick then parked the car in the parking lot of Square One Dining. 

"They're going to be all over the place if we get out of the car." I whined. After dropping my son off at a mental institution my day has pretty much gone to shit. Well, my mood for that matter.

"Katy, I love you so damn much, and I would never let you go through any of this alone. I'm not really good at this stuff, but I wouldn't ever dream of leaving you to deal with this by yourself. You mean so much to me, and to see you like this, it kills me. We just have to be strong for Austin, and it'll all be okay. The nurse did say you could call tomorrow in the afternoon if you wanted. I need you to know and believe that I'm here for you baby." By now, my fingers were laced with his and I only took a deep breath, taking in everything he just said.

"Thanks, I needed that. I love you so much, and am so lucky to have you. There's no one else I'd rather be with." I kissed him on the cheek.

"Now, can we please get out so I can give my beautiful wife a much needed hug?" I opened my door, stepping out. I was dressed in a pair of sweats and a v-neck shirt. My sneakers were kind of worn out, but I definitely look underdressed next to my husband. I went into his arms, annoyed that all those people were taking pictures of us, but I kept hugging him.

"I look horrible next to you." I muttered to him. He let me out of his arms, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Excuse me Mrs. Jonas?"

"It's true! Let's just get inside so we can get away from all these cameras." He took my hand and we walked in the building, waiting to be seated. The hostess came, took one look at Nick and I, and just about fainted. Her mouth gaped open. We both just awkwardly smiled and then she began to cry, trying to form words.

"I got this Teagan." Another woman came and took the two menus from her coworker's hands, walking her to the back to calm down.

"Table for two?" She asked with a welcoming smile.

"Please." Nick told her. We followed her to a booth that was next to a window, and I sat across from him.

"Can I get you two something to drink right away?" She pulled a pad of paper from her apron.

"I'll just take coffee." I said to her.

"Myself as well." Nick said, opening his menu. She smiled warmly at us and walked away. My eyes scanned over the menu, and I immediately decided that I'd just get pancakes with fruit. I closed it and our waitress brought out the two coffees, putting cream with it. I thanked her, my husband looking at the menu over and over. I swirled my spoon in my mug, sipping the coffee.

"Thank you." I murmured to Nick. He looked up at me from under his eyelashes, cocking his head to the side. He set the menu down.

"For what?"

...