Chapter 27

"We leave first thing tomorrow morning." My husband declared, putting a cup of juice in front of Aster at the table. It was a Sunday morning and for the first time in a long time, we were actually having a family breakfast. I was at the stove, cooking.

"Awesome. What time does our flight leave?" I asked, leaning in for a kiss as he stood at the counter.

"We should probably at the gate by 6:45. My mom says the kids can stay with them for the week because Becky's busy."

"Great. I can't wait baby." I smiled, I putting pancakes on the kids' plates. Nick went up the stairs and I cleaned up the kitchen as the kids ate breakfast. After breakfast, I ordered all the kids to go up and get bags packed for going to Nick's mom's for the week.

"I am so ready to spend a week with you...all alone." My husband wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Mmm....me too sweetheart. In less then 24 hours we are going to be in complete paradise." I smiled sweetly, leaning into him.

"Daddy! Auntie Demi is here!" Aster yelled through the house. Nick released me from his embrace and raced downstairs. I slowly followed and didn't announce my presence. I knew that Demi didn't approve of me very much, but that's because she wanted Nick when him and I began dating. Their friendship broke for a little while, but when Nick and I got married, they claimed everything was good.

"Nick, I didn't realize everyone was home. I should've called first." A sheepish smile showed her extremely white and straight teeth.

"What's up Dems?"

"I just wanted to talk. Wilmer and I....we broke up last night." Nick glanced back at me quick before going to hug Demi. Then she began to silently cry.

"We can go downstairs....Katy?" My husband looked at me. Demi's brown eyes seemed to burn into me.

"No, no you guys go ahead. I should pack anyway." I leaned over and kissed him in front of her. I could see the slight anger in her eyes and I smirked, turning on my heel and going to the bedroom.

Thirty minutes later, Nick came into the room and I was only halfway done with packing. He stopped at the bed, looking at me as I sat on the floor, going through my dresser. I looked back up at him.

"Something's wrong. Is it Demi?" I nodded.

"But I mean, I should be used to it by now. There are so many women coming after you." I purposely sounded annoyed, rolling my eyes. I continued to pack clothes and shoes into my suitcase, getting frustrated by my own choice of words.

"Don't start this with me again." I heard him say through gritted teeth. I didn't respond.

"I could have very easily married Demi. With how in love she was with me at the time, she would've been right on board. But did I? No. Because I was so hopelessly in love that I couldn't think straight, I couldn't breathe, I was thinking of you so much. Demi pried and pried, trying to get me to be with her. And I was still with Olivia at the time! The point is, I chose you out of all the women I could've been with, and I would never dream of being with anyone else. I really want you to understand that. You're beautiful, and I love you so much Kaitlin Mae."

By now, he was sitting on the floor in front of me. I didn't say anything, just let his words sink in. Finally, my eyes met his.

"I love you too Nicholas Jerry. More then you will ever, ever know. I am so lucky to have you." I went over and put my arms around his neck, hugging him. He kissed my lips and I kissed back. I was lost in him.

[]
I wasn't sure what was happening. I felt like I was on cloud 9, and nothing could bring my mood down. I felt him leaning in closer to me, and his hand raised to rest on my cheek. I closed my eyes, allowing his lips on mine. The cologne he was wearing overwhelmed me, but I didn't care. This had to be the greatest moment of my life.

After the kiss, I stood there breathless. Without being able to process what was exactly happening, I watched him get down on one knee and open a ring box.

"....will you marry me Katy?" I could see slight tears forming on his eyes. I was crying, and so I put my hands over my mouth and had to have nodded at least a dozen times. He stood up and put the ring on my finger before I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Yes, God I would marry you a dozen times over Nick. I love you so much that it's insane." I said, still crying. I was hopelessly in love with Nick Jonas. My rockstar.

...