Chapter 13

"I think I want to join football." Austin told me as I picked him up from basketball practice.

"Why? You're so good at basketball, and you love it." I said, stopping to let him pick up the duffle bag with his name and team number on it. We walked out to the car, and he didn't look at me the entire time.

"Austin James. Look at me." I commanded, and when he wouldn't, I pulled his chin and made him face me. My baby had a black eye.

"What happened?!" I demanded.

"Nothing. I just...it was only a couple of guys and-"

"Is that why you want to join football? Did they pressure you into it? Austin you don't-"

"Mom. I want to join football, it isn't them. The fight was nothing, okay? Let's just go home." He said to me, looking out the window as I put the car in drive and drove off. After about ten minutes, he still wasn't talking.

"Austin, you haven't been yourself lately. Wanna tell me why?" I said to him softly, waiting in the drive thru at the bank to put money into an account for Nick. My son glanced at me, and just shook his head. I nodded slightly, silently telling myself it was nothing. But the mom came out in me, and I wanted to pry the answer out of him, but I knew that was wrong. I deposited the money and drove him and I home.

Austin went straight up to his room without saying anything to me or anyone else. Kane saw his eye and asked me what happened.

"I'll go beat them up myself mom. No one hurts my little brother." He was trying to be tough, but all I saw was my little baby who'd try to push Nick to the ground as a game when he was little. Now he was 16, and he wasn't my little boy anymore. At least, not physically.

"It's alright Kane. I've got it taken care of, just give him some space, alright?" I smiled at my oldest son and I turned around and Aster was standing there with crayons and coloring books in her hands.

"Wanna color mama?"

"I would love to baby girl." I said to her, walking into the living room and opening a book on the coffee table, beginning to color a dragon purple and blue. Meanwhile, she was scribbling all over her page, not coloring inside the lines whatsoever. She was adorable, and it absolutely melted my heart.

"Katy!" Nick's voice yelled from the other room. Well, he's home early. I stood up and walked into the kitchen, seeing him with an angry expression on his face.

"Yes?"

"Does Nick and Katy Jonas' daughter have issues? Watch the way she walks up the steps!" He exclaimed, looking at his phone, clearly upset.

"They didn't." I said in disbelief. He handed me his phone so I could see the article. We hadn't come out publicly with Aster's OCD, and weren't planning too until we really had it all figured out. She doesn't really know about any of it, and if it continued, we knew we'd have to tell her eventually.

"Shit. Sometimes I just wonder." Nick said like he was completely awestruck. I handed his phone back.

"Me too. This was another reason I didn't want them in public school babe."

"I know, but we can't just move them now. Plus, we can't get up and move right now anyway."

"I know honey. I think the best thing we can do right now is just ignore it." I hugged my arms around him and he hugged my back, sighing.

"You're right. How'd I get so lucky with you?" He asked me, my ear against his chest as I listened to his heartbeat.

"I mean, you did chase after me for awhile." I said, snickering.

"Psh, what? No, you chased after me." He insisted. I pulled out of his arms and put my hands on my hips. Once again, he mocked me with a cheesy grin on his face.

"Think again mister. All those messages, I still have them." I stuck my tongue out at my husband.

"I suppose you're a little right, I love you though so it's okay." He smiled at me finally and kissed my lips like he never wanted to let go.

"We need to go on that trip soon." Nick said against me, his hands traveling down to my lower back, squeezing my sides.

"But I've got a family to take care of Mr. Jonas." He continued to kiss me in between words.

"But I've got a wife I need to keep happy Mrs. Jonas." He gave me one last kiss, then smirked while raising his eyebrow.

"You know, you can be so dirty sometimes." I scoffed sarcastically.

"You know you love me."

...