Chapter 40

Before any of us knew it, the summer flew by. Joe found a house on his own and was touring with his band, and Nick was taking some off time to be with me and the kids at home and we took a vacation to Florida and even took the kids to Disney world a couple of days.

September was just around the corner, and I was busy trying to get the kids back into the routine of school, as well as getting myself ready to get up at five thirty every morning to get them ready and there. Currently, I was with my husband at the VMAs because he's presenting an award tonight. Last year he had performed and blew everyone away.

"Your birthday's coming up soon." I said in his ear quickly as we kept getting photographed, every little move we made. We stepped aside after.

"It is. In like a month."

"Exactly 23 days." I put my hands on his shoulders, leaning in and kissing him softly.

"Why are you counting? I'm only turning 21, not a big deal." He smirked.

"Very funny. 35 isn't nearly old Nick. You look 20." I assured my husband. Once he hit 30, he never liked me making a fuss about his birthday. He thinks he's getting old, therefore no one will like his music anymore and people will forget.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get inside." His hand slid to the small of back as we walking into the arena where millions of other celebrities were already seated and talking to one another. This was going to be a fun night.

Nick and I got home around 1 am, and the both of us were fairly tired. Becky had come to watch the kids for us, and we sent her home right when we walked in the door. I checked on all of them, kissing them each goodnight.

I made it into the bedroom, greeted by my husband's lips on my shoulders. I felt the dress unzip and chills went down my spine as the chilly air met my now exposed back. The dress fell to the floor and he shut the door, looking my body up and down slowly, like he'd never stop. When I was laid on the bed and he was on top of me, kissing my neck like he couldn't seem to get enough, I thought to myself.

Madison was talking to me the other day about how her boyfriend had left her because she became boring. In bed and out. She was a hot mess for days about it, but moved on as quick as usual. I stopped him, putting my hands on his face, my thumbs just behind his ears.

"What?" He groaned, breathing fast. His eyes looked into mine.

"I'm not....boring, am I?"

"What?"

"It's a legitimate question Nick. I've heard that after so many years of marr-" Of course, my husband just had to cut me off by hungrily kissing me. My arms became weak and I lowered them to my side, gripping the sheets in between my fingers.

"I can't believe you think I'd ever be bored of you." He told me later in the night as we lay in bed with the tv on low. I looked at Nick, the light from ABC casting colors on his face.

"I never said I thought that. I was just asking." I told him defensively. He turned his head to the side to look at me with raised eyebrows.

"I'm serious! Madison's boyfriend left her because he said she started to be boring." He scoffed. I only shrugged.

"We should probably get to bed."

"I've got a bunch of grocery shopping to do tomorrow." I yawned, stretching my arms.

"I love you." My husband told me, kissing my cheek.

"I love you honey." He put his arm around me and I snuggled myself into him, settling into bed. The tv played in the background as I slowly drifted to sleep.

In the morning, I dragged the kids out of bed to go school clothes shopping. Nick had offered to come with which I was grateful for. That meant that he could take the boys wherever they wanted to go, and I could take the girls without any complaining. On the drive there, Lexi was telling me all kinds of drama between her, her friends, their boyfriends.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked just out of curiosity. And I had to keep my baby in check. She rolled her eyes at me, looking back to her phone.

"No mom." I saw the smile on her face from the corner of my eye. I got out of the car with the girls, Nick getting out from his in the parking spot next to me.

"Who's that sexy woman?" He asked, smirking at me and gathering me in his arm, putting a kiss on my lips.

"Model for me baby." He took out his phone and I did silly poses in the parking lot, the kids laughing at me and saying were embarrassing them.

...