Chapter 14

Tonight was the night of the Grammys, and I couldn't be more excited for my husband. He was nominated for best song of the year, and this is his first nomination. I got ready in the dress that the stylist picked out for me, and it settled over my curves tightly. It was a simple white dress with a high neck.

Then Nick came in, wearing something you'd never catch him wearing just out in public. But he still looked absolutely amazing.

 But he still looked absolutely amazing

"You look so great babe

"You look so great babe." My eyes scanned over him, smiling when my gaze met his.

"You look flawless sugar." He smirked. The car was scheduled to pick us up in about ten minutes, so I needed to make sure the kids had all they needed, and that Becky was here. I went downstairs, my heels clicking against the hard stairs. The kids were all sitting at the counter, seeming to be waiting for Nick and I. He followed me and all four of them looked at us with their mouths open. I smiled.

"You guys look stunning. Seriously. And I cannot believe I just said to my father. Ugh, kill me. Have fun guys." Lexi looked down in slight embarrassment as she made her way upstairs. Nick pulled me in for a kiss, and we spent the next couple minutes talking to the kids and making sure everything was settled for the night.

As we were in the car and approaching the red carpet, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"Babe, you are going to kill it tonight. You're presenting, and you're going to win one? Perfect night right there." He chuckled and shook his head. He was always so humble about things like this, especially winning awards. He never boasted himself, and that's one thing I love about him.

"You know what makes this night perfect?" He asked me as the car came to a stop.

"Hm?"

"I've got my gorgeous wife right here with me." He kissed me as he helped me out of the car and that's when people started screaming. We walked over into the crowd and began talking with other celebrities. As Nick proceeded to get his pictures taken by multiple cameras, I only stepped in when necessary. Then it was time to go into the Staples Center. Him and I took out seats, and he was sitting next to Rihanna with myself on the other side.

The host, James Corden, came out and obviously had to put on a comedy for us, and it was hilarious. Nick had to be backstage to present the first award and I wished him luck.

"Nick Jonas." They announced throughout the arena, and one of his songs began playing and he walked up on stage, waving out to everyone.

"And best pop performance goes to," Nick paused, making us wait.

"Twenty One Pilots." He said into the mic, and everyone stood up and clapped while Josh and Tyler came onto stage. I'm sure people were as confused as I was, because they chose to go up on stage after they took their pants off.

"And so we decided when we win a Grammy, that we were going to come up like this. Thank you again so much." Tyler said into the mic and then Nick walked off the stage, and so did they. I watched another performance before my husband finally came back to sit by me.

"How'd I do?" He asked me once there was a commercial break, holding my hand as he sat down.

"How'd you do? Why would you even ask me a question like that?"

"I'm serious."

"Baby, you did just fine." I smiled, kissing his cheek. We talked with other people, and it was the first time I've ever gotten to talk to my favorite country artist, Kelsea Ballerini, and it was like a dream come true for me. Nick had to have his arms around me the entire time because I swear I was shaking to the point that it was noticeable.

After the break, James announced that tonight was his parents' 45th anniversary together. But he found Heidi Klum sitting on his dad's lap, and it was probably the funniest part of the entire night.

"See, your mother and I have an understanding. Heidi's my free pass for tonight." His dad said and everyone laughed. It was the cutest and funniest thing.

"Where's mom?" James asked, looking around. Then the camera panned over to us, and she was sitting on my husband's lap.

"Mom, is that Nick Jonas?" James exclaimed, looking surprised.

Nick stood up and took his jacket off, saying, "Sorry James, your mother's a wonderful woman." He put the jacket on her shoulders.

"Nick, no. You get that off my mother! Heidi get off my dad." James said. Everyone began laughing and then the camera panned to another award being presented. James' parents sat back together and Nick took his jacket back.

"I gotta say, I probably had a bit of competition there. Imagine what the kids'll say about that Nicholas." I scolded, joking with him.

"It was pretty funny, you gotta admit." He said, putting his arm on the back of my chair and directing his attention to the stage.

...