Chapter 12

Denise was directing all of her attention to her grandkids and the fact that they were on their phones, while Nick and I sat out by the pool, enjoying time with each other.

"We need to go on a vacation." He said to me, my hand in his.

"And where is this coming from Mr. Jonas?" I smirked, looking at him over my sunglasses. He raised an eyebrow at me and bit his lip quickly, driving me crazy.

"I just want to spend time with my beautiful wife. Alone, just the two of us."

"When and where were you thinking?" I questioned, pushing my sunglasses up on my nose, looking out onto the pool as the water shone in the sun.

"I was thinking Bora Bora in the next couple months." I took my hand out of his and looked at him with wide eyes.

"You're serious?"

"Dead serious baby." He smirked. Sometimes I couldn't believe my life had become something like in a movie. We could go on vacation anywhere we'd like, and had more money then I could ever dream of.

"I'd love to." I said, closing my eyes and leaning back in my chair, feeling the sun on my face and stomach. Suddenly, I heard yelling and then water splashed me. I ripped off my glasses and looked out to the pool to see my kids all jumping into the pool. Nick looked at me with the same expression and then stood up and picked me right up off my chair.

"Don't you dare." I said into his ear fiercely as he held me in his arms, ready to throw me into the huge pool.

"And what'll happen if I do?" He challenged.

"You won't get any of me for a long time." I threatened. At first, he only gave me a blank expression like he really believed me. Then he shrugged.

"You don't mean that sugar." Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I stared into his eyes, silently begging him not to throw me into the water. But he did it anyway. I yelled before hitting the water and holding my breath. I resurfaced, glaring at my husband who was standing over me, dry without a drop of water on him.

"I don't mean it? We'll see about that." I sneered playfully, pulling myself out of the water and walking over to get a towel. I wrapped it around my waist and squeezed the water from my hair that I had taken an hour to straighten this morning. I walked right past him, rejecting the fact that he had his arms open for me. This game was just getting started.

We stayed at Nick's parents' house for dinner, and I helped Denise in the kitchen for a lot of it. Finally, just as we were getting the table set, Nick came in the house and put his hands on his hips in away of mocking me. I always did that whenever I needed to talk about something or was dumbfounded. It was a habit I couldn't seem to get rid of.

"Can we help you?" I asked my husband. Denise looked at him as well, setting out the silverware.

"Come on Katy, you can't be serious." He whined just like one of the kids. I chuckled to myself.

"Dead serious Nick. You got what you deserved." I decided to play along with it at least until we got home. It was fun to see him so desperate for my attention, and he looked like he was ready to explode soon.

"Oh Nicholas, stop whining." Denise said to her son sternly.

"Now my wife and my mom are against me? What is this?" He groaned before going back out in the backyard with the kids. Her and I looked at each other and laughed. This was amazing.

"I can honestly tell you that I have never seen that boy this head over heels for someone. Especially after all these years you've been together. Not even with Olivia was he like this." She said, and I sort of took that as a compliment. I smiled at her softly, going to get the salad to put on the table.

"I try." I joked.

"I'm glad you did. He really needed someone like you to balance him out. Olivia never made him laugh or smile as much as you do. He wasn't as love stricken with her and he sure as hell wasn't as open as he is now." She said to me, chuckling. It was amazing to me that I could really do that to him. I never really even noticed.

...