Chapter 36

We had to have spent another half hour or so in the pool before I put the kids to bed and then joined my husband in the hot tub.

"I'm so glad that we have our kids. They're so amazing, and I am so happy I had them with someone as amazing as you." I eased into the water, and smiled at Nick, receiving a smile back from him.

"You're the greatest girl anyone could ask for." His arms circled my body and he pulled me into him.

"I love you baby." I murmured, kissing him softly and sweetly.

"I love you too." He slid his hands down onto my waist, under the water.

"Should we continue this inside Mrs. Jonas?" He muttered in my ear, kissing it.

"Yes." I said breathlessly. He carried me into the house, dried ourselves off, then he laid me on the couch in the living room, closing the giant sliding door.

I woke up the next morning tangled in the sheets with my husband. I opened my eyes, blinking a few times to get used to the morning light. My arm was around his abdomen, and I felt his chest rise and fall against my cheek. My eyes traveled up to his closed ones, and I smiled. I was particularly excited for today. My lips came into contact with his jaw and I felt his arm tighten around me.

"Good morning." I murmured.

"Mm, morning." Nick muttered sleepily, barely opening his brown eyes to look at me. Now, I suddenly didn't want to get out of bed.

"Got anything planned for today?" I questioned, and he yawned, stretching his arms after untangling himself from me.

"Nope. I'll probably just chill out at home today because tomorrow I have to be in Florida."

"Why?" I sat up, propping myself on my forearm.

"There was a shooting yesterday evening in Orlando at a gay club. So, John got in touch with the city, and apparently they're having a tribute for the victims tomorrow. I'm just going to support." I could see some sort of pain in his eyes. We both knew that he's got an amazing connection with his fans, even the lgbtq community. I put my arms around Nick.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. It's just heartbreaking, you know."

"Yeah. Well, I love you. Madison and I are going mudding, and we're visiting her brother in Sacramento. I know I haven't talked to you about it yet, but we're leaving Sunday morning." His eyes widened a little and locked with mine.

"Okay. And it's just you two?"

"Mhm."

"Alright. Well, I'll be all over the place this upcoming week, so we'll need to arrange for the kids. I'd say Kane could watch them, but not for period of time."

"Right. I'm gonna get going for the day, there's grocery shopping that needs to be done." I kissed Nick's cheek and got up to brush my teeth and wash my face.

"Just tease me why don't you." My husband rolled his eyes as I walked into my closet with only a bra and panties on.

"Anytime." I blew a kiss. I chose a pair of ripped, skinny jeans and a tight fitting shirt.

"I'm gonna get going once I check on all the kids. I think Kane has been meaning to get to you about his guitar skills lately." I went over after putting on my heels, bending down and giving him a long, sweet kiss. I brushed his lips with mine once more before winking and stepping out of the room.

I got to the store, and there were a few people trying to get pictures of and with me. I pushed the cart down the aisle, just wanting to get what I needed and get out. Just as my cart was about full, someone yelled.

"Oh my God, it's Katy Jonas!" My eyes widened and I just quickly steered the cart to the check out. Unfortunately for me, all the lanes were occupied by one or two other people. I tapped my foot impatiently. I looked into the cart, seeing that I forgot to get stuff for the kids' lunches. I groaned and briefly closed my eyes, analyzing the situation and deciding what I should do. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Nick.

"I'm sending the guys, don't worry honey." My husband said as I was slightly freaking out. Before Nick I had never had any sort of attention like this, and he really had to help ease me into it. Sure enough, as I was in the snack aisle, getting stared at as I did my grocery shopping, part of Nick's security came up to me. They were great friends of ours.

"Oh, thank God." I smiled at Nate and Sam. I honestly didn't think they'd actually come here. I suppose, my husband never lies.

...