Chapter 35

"Dinner's on the table baby." I ran my hands up and down my husband's chest from behind, kissing his neck slightly.

"Mmm...I think I might want you tonight babe." He smirked, looking at me from the side of his eye.

"That's funny, you think you'll actually be getting something tonight." I sarcastically said, and he gave me worst glare I have ever seen come from him. I winked over my shoulder, swaying my hips as I walked out to the dining room from the living room. The kids were all sat down, ready to eat, and I sat at the head of the table while Nick would sit at the other one.

My husband came out from the living room and was smiling as he looked at all of us.

"You wanna say grace tonight honey?" I asked him as he sat at his place. Nick nodded and we all bowed our heads.

[]
Two days until I'm married. Marriage for the first time, and hopefully the only. I looked at my engagement ring as it glistened in the sun, smiling to myself. I glanced to the giant doors, waiting for my fiancé to come out of the airport from his four month long tour. Right after he asked me, he had to leave to go on tour.

I finally saw Nick walking out the doors and I got out of the car and walked up to him, but quickened the pace the closer we got. He stopped rolling his suitcase and opened his arms for me to jump into them. My lips crashed into his and our mouths moved perfectly together.

"Guess what?" I told him, pulling away from him and looking into his deep, brown eyes.

"Hm?"

"We're gettin married." I giggled, kissing him again.

"Mmmm....yes we are, and I couldn't be any happier." He let me down from his arms, and we went to the car, I slid behind the wheel.

"And our ceremony and everything is going to be so, so amazing." I looked at him. Just looking at him or catching a glance of him could make me fall in love all over again, and there's no way I was getting out of this one.

[]

After dinner, Nick took me into the living room while the kids cleaned up the kitchen, and started to whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

"I have a great idea, and I think you're really gonna love it." I murmured between us, smirking. His lips kissed my neck.

"Yes?" Nick cleared his throat.

"Let's go swimming. We haven't done that in a long time." Truthfully, Nick and I haven't had true alone time since our vacation, which was almost four months ago. Our pool, which none of us have used in awhile, was one of my favorite parts of the house. Nick let me request it to be built in the backyard along with all of the other extras.

"I don't know if I really feel like it." He rolled his eyes and stretched his arms, laying back on the couch. I grabbed his hand, trying to pull him up.

"Come ooonnnnn. Pleasssssseeeeee." I pulled his hand and pleaded. He smirked at me.

"Oh, how I love it when you beg me." He stood up and pecked my cheek before walking out of the room. I scowled and narrowed my eyes as I watched him leave. That little sneak. I went to the kitchen, seeing the kids helping each other clean up. Except Lexi was on her phone. I went over and snatched it from her hands.

"Hey!" My daughter exclaimed.

"Help your sister and brothers. Keep this attitude up and I'll have you clean all their rooms tonight." I raised my eyebrow and she rolled her brown eyes at me, groaning. I smiled, satisfied, and headed up the stairs to get into a swimsuit. I took one from my dresser drawer and started slipping off my jeans and blouse. I chose a red, one piece just to wear around the kids.

"I'll meet you down there honey." I called into the bathroom, as the door was closed. I stepped down the stairs, the cold wood meeting my bare feet. Ace followed me out to the backyard and it was beginning to get dark out. The perfect time to turn the pool lights on. I sat at the edge of the pool, dipping my feet in the water. Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my body and I was in the air, holding my breath before hitting the warm water. When I finally came up for air, I pushed my hair from my face, looking to see my husband sitting in one of our backyard chairs like nothing happened.

"Help me out of here now, Nick." I demanded, making my way to the wall of the pool.

"I am not falling for that." He looked at me with his head slightly cocked to the side and his eyebrow raised. I pouted. Nick rolled his eyes and got up, putting his hand out to help me, but I pulled him in anyway. He resurfaced, running fingers through his dark brown hair.

...