Chapter 22

"For being the amazing husband and father that you are. For telling me that I'm beautiful and never letting me forget it every single day, even if we're apart. Thank you for helping me get my life back together, and being there for me. Thank you for making me a mother when I never thought I'd even be married one day. Thank you for bringing me into your amazing, hilarious, loving family that I am so glad to call my own. Thank you for asking me to go to one of your concerts on the night of August 2nd 2012. Also, thanks for not forgetting about your wife when you're on tour." I winked at the last part, chuckling to myself.

[]
"He's looking at you." My friend, Bailey, said to me, sipping from her Bloody Mary.

"He's probably looking at a hot girl behind us, no way it's me." I pushed it off, but his gaze still didn't leave our direction. Once our eyes locked, he softly smiled at me. This couldn't be real.

"Let's go to the bar." I pulled Bailey with me to the wooden bar, sitting at a stool.

"Tequila, my favorite." A man's voice said next to me, and I saw that out of the corner of my eye, he sat down next to me. Bailey then 'coincidentally' walked off into the sea of people on the dance floor.

"Uh...mine too." I turned to face him, and saw that he's the same man that had been looking at me. I convinced myself he wasn't looking at me. The bartender asked him what he wanted and his request was one I've never heard. Something called 'The Bombay Dream'. He explained it to the bartender, and sure enough, the glass was sitting in front of him in two minutes.

"Never heard of that one." I gestured to the drink and cleared my throat, trying to keep my cool. I haven't talked to a guy, let alone get this close to one I thought was attractive, in about three years.

"It's actually pretty good. Wanna sip?" Was he serious? My eyes darted between him and the drink, but I wasn't too sure. I mean, I just met him. He didn't seem like he was trying to only get me drunk and in bed, but you never know. I shrugged.

"Why not." So I took the glass in my almost shaking hands and put the rim to my lips right where his were without thinking. He watched me and as it travelled down my throat, I felt a buzz go through me. My eyes widened as I put it back in front of him.

"That's amazing."

"Like you- wait, I didn't mean that, I mean I did...but ugh, I'm usually really good at this. Uh...you wanna come to my concert tomorrow night? Free admission, I can even bring you there or you could come yourself, unless you don't want to-"

"Concert? So you're a musician?" The man nodded, pushing his hand through his dark brown hair. I pressed my lips together.

"Sounds great. I'll be there for sure."

[]

Later that night, Nick went out with a few friends while I was at home. The kids had already went to bed and it was nearing eleven at night. I was getting a bit worried considering he had to leave the next morning, and he didn't tell me when he'd be getting home. Just then, he stepped in the door.

"There's my sexy woman!" He announced, coming over and putting his hands on my ass. He smelled like beer and cigars. Nick's lips crashed onto mine and he tasted like he'd been smoking cigars tonight. No surprise to me when he's out partying.

"You know I hate when you smoke." I pulled my lips off his, sternly glaring into his brown eyes. He pouted immediately and his hands slid up my body and in my hair.

"But it's all okay because I'm gonna make you feel really good." He was drunk. Just perfect. His mouth was close to my ear, and then he kissed the skin behind it, beginning to get rough.

"Nick. Stop it." I said sternly, struggling to get out of his grasp. But he wouldn't let go no matter how hard I tried. His lips moved from my jaw all the way down to my chest, and he tried taking my shirt off. I felt him unhook my bra and that was it.

"F_cking stop!" I screamed, hitting him.

"You f_cking stop Kaitlyn!" He yelled back at me, shoving me. It turned into us pushing each other until we had made it onto the front lawn. Luckily, our house was secluded enough where paparazzi couldn't get near it.

"I tell you to quick the smoking, and you don't! You drove home, didn't you?!" I yelled, the only light illuminating us being the spotlights on our massive house that lit up most of the yard.

"So what if I did?!"

"You are so damn drunk it isn't even funny! What kind of role model are you being for your kids Nick?!"

"So now they're just my kids?"

"You know what I mean!" I screamed, putting my hands on his chest and shoving him backward. He pushed at my shoulders again, and I fell onto the ground. Then he went over me and pinned my wrists to the ground.

"Nick." My voice began to shake as I said his name. His pupils were huge, and I was starting to get nervous. There was only one other time he'd been like this, and it wasn't this bad.

...