Chapter 34

Nick walked in the door just as I got the kids all settled in bed. His hand was bruised up and he had a cut just under his eye. What the hell?

"Nick." I gasped, putting a hand over my mouth and stepping over to him. I went to touch the cut and he winced.

"What happened?" I hissed, narrowing my eyes at my husband.

"Some guy was talking crap about Aster. He was asking for it, so I gave it to him."

"Why would someone be talking about my little girl?" I put my hands on my hips, quickly looking him up and down to make sure everything was okay.

"I guess, the paparazzi got shots of her at school and tore her down. When I heard him talking, I got mad and confronted him, but he didn't take to it so nicely. So I gave him what he deserved." He smirked, as if proud of himself.

"And you're proud of yourself?" My mouth gaped open as he casually shrugged. I shook my head a closed my eyes for a brief moment.

"And why on earth did you decide to react like this instead of just ignoring it?" I questioned, grabbing his hands in mine and inspecting his knuckles that were purple and puffy.

"It pissed me off. That's my little girl, and for them to tear her apart like that at such a young age, and she has no idea.....it's shitty." He stated simply. I kissed his hand, looking into his eyes. He looked right back into mine, and I knew that a part of him regretted doing that.

"Let's go up to bed baby. You've got a long day ahead of you tomorrow." I slowly wrapped my arms around his middle and hugged him tight. Ace followed us upstairs and into our room. I closed the door and Nick went into the bathroom, probably to clean up. Ace welcomed himself on my side of the bed, plopping right on my pillows. I changed into a nightgown and that's when Nick came out in nothing but boxers.

"Are you okay?" I asked, putting my hands and rubbing them up and down. He looked at me and then flexed his hand out.

"It's probably gonna be everywhere by tomorrow afternoon, but yeah, I'll be good." He kissed my forehead and climbed into bed.

"You didn't get hurt bad?" As soon as I asked the question and got into bed myself, Nick put both of his hands on my cheeks.

"I'll be fine, Katy. You don't need to worry about me."

"But I do worry about you. I have no idea what I'd do if something happened to you." Tears were pooled in my eyes, but I blinked them away.

"I'm gonna be here to bug you for a long time angel." He said quietly, smiling a boyish smile at me. I grinned back and kissed his lips softly. When we pulled away, he kissed my cheek before turning the tv on and settling into bed. I just studied his hand, how beat up it looked. I never wanted to think of my husband doing anything like this, but I knew he could without a doubt. He'd gone through enough training, with filming the tv series and all that, he could take out anyone that stepped in his way really.

"I love you Nick." I murmured as his eyes were glued to the tv. Without looking away he said that he loves me too.

The next day, Nick was at rehearsal for his concert just about the entire day. Becky would be watching the kids considering we going to be out very late. When it was time for the show to start, I could hear Nick singing to himself in the dressing room. I knocked on the door.

"Everything good in there?" I questioned. He swung the door open and crashed his lips on mine quickly. When he broke away, he grinned at me.

"Absolutely perfect. I'll see you in the front row babe." He winked and I headed off to find my seat. I found it, and the lights went out, then the music to his hit song, Levels, began to play. The lights onstage lit up and I could see a silhouette of him as he walked out. In the middle of the concert, he took a moment or two to just talk to his fans, which they all seemed to just soak up right away.

There was a perfect picture opportunity as he stood there, taking in the crowd and all the cameras and signs, like it was the first time all over again. I pulled my phone out quickly and focused my camera on him.

He winked at me, then the show went on

After everything was done, I met Nick backstage. His agent wanted to take us to dinner along with some of Nick's other friends. I happily obliged.

"There's my girl." I heard my husband say behind me, and picked me up and twirled me in the air, smiling. I giggled as he put me down, kissing me. It felt like we were in our own little Nick and Katy world, and it was one of the best feelings in the world.

...