Chapter 10

"Please baby? What can I do to convince you? This puppy is so cute!" I looked up at my husband as I leaned my head against his shoulder, scrolling through pictures of Blue on my laptop. He rolled his eyes and chuckled at me. I set my laptop on the bed beside me, sitting on his lap and running my hands up and down his chest, going under his shirt.

"Katy...." He said to me sternly.

"Please Nick? How could you say no to this?" I got up and went into the bathroom to pee, swaying my hips on purpose as I walked. I took my makeup off after, studying my reflection in the mirror. I let my hair fall from the messy bun it was in, shaking it out. I walked out of the bathroom and he was still sitting in bed, on my laptop.

I scooted myself next to him, watching as he went through pictures and descriptions of various dogs.

"What if we got a one or two year old?" Nick suggested to me.

"But-"

"Can we agree on that?" He raised his brows at me. I couldn't help but to say yes to him. He clicked on one dog named Lucy. She was cute, but I wanted a boy.

"I want a boy." I snatched the laptop from his hands and went through to find a male dog. I found one named Ace. I fell in love with him instantly.

"This one." I showed Nick.

"Alright. I'll see if I can take care of it tomorrow. The kids need to go to bed though." He got off the bed and I watched him walk out of the room, my eyes glue to his bare back. He was my everything, and I am so lucky to have him. I heard the kids complaining and Nick saying they had school the next day and we were going to see his family after.

I closed my laptop and set it on my bedside table, picking up my phone. I went through my notifications, seeing that I've been tagged in things on Instagram. I opened up the app and saw if was only fan pages for Nick and they just posted pictures of him and I, tagging the both of us. After all, it isn't like I'm a celebrity by any means. My husband came into the room, closing the door and coming into bed, sitting on his knees in front of me.

"Do you realize how many things we get tagged in a day?" I questioned, cocking my head to the side and showing him the various photos. He nodded. He kissed me, and I knew where it was heading, but I was about to ruin the moment.

"Why did you choose me?" I asked against him. He pulled his lips from mine and gave me a confused look.

"You serious?"

"Yeah."

"Because I was attracted to you right away Katy. You caught my attention the first time I saw you and I know you didn't feel the same way at first-"

"It wasn't just because you wanted to pity me because of everything I was going through?" I asked him sternly, raising one eyebrow.

"This again? Come on Kaitlyn." He ran his hand over his face, groaning and throwing his head back. 

"I'm sorry. You know what, just forget I ever said anything." I told him, getting out of bed and going to my closet to change into pajamas.

"No. Because if we do that, we both very well know what'll happen. That'll only cause even more problems." He said, still sitting on the bed. I grabbed a night gown and took off my outfit from the day, slipping it over my head. I picked up the clothes and threw them in the hamper.

"Alright. You want me to be honest? I think about that sometimes. You know, with your fame and everything, how popular you are, the girlfriends you've had before me. And I'm just a girl from the country who had a broken childhood with nowhere to go. You can't tell me that I shouldn't wonder why in the world you picked me when you dated models and Miss Universe for crying out loud." I said, my tone rising with every word. He just blinked at me with a blank expression on his face.

"I can't put in words how amazing you are Katy. Yeah, maybe you aren't as skinny or as pristine as the other girls I've dated, but I don't give a shit about that. There was just something about you right away that I loved. I couldn't stop thinking about you for days after I saw you for the first time. I love every inch of you, and wouldn't change a single thing about us or you." Tears pooled in my eyes.

"Really?" I whispered.

"Seriously. Katy, I had a family with you when I swore I would never have kids. I did it because I wanted to. If I was still with Olivia, I most likely wouldn't have kids at all. Her and I both agreed we didn't want a family. It just wasn't for either of us. But then I met you and my whole perspective on life changed. After you told me everything you went through, I thought about it all for awhile and my eyes just opened." Tears ended up falling down my face and I put a hand over my mouth to muffle it. Nick opened his arms.

"Come here baby." He said to me softly. I went over and said by him, his arms tightly wrapped around me.

...