Chapter 19

Normani's pov
I woke up to yelling and a empty bed. I walked out of the room and to the top of the stairs. I saw Lauren and her dad fighting.

"Get the fuck out of my house right now."

"I've been trying to talk to you for the past hour."

"Does it look like I wanna talk to you. No. So just fucking leave."

"I will not leave till I get what I want. And that's you."

"Your not getting me. I don't want to be near you. I don't want to see you. I don't want to be in the same place as you anymore."

"If you don't come with me I'll make your life a living hell."

Lauren scoffed and said " go ahead. My life was already a living hell for the past 5 years. So try me see where u end up. I'm not fucking scared of you anymore."

"If you not scared then fight me."

"I'm not going to fight you."

"Thought you weren't scared."

"I'm not scared. You wanna fight let's go. I've taking karate classes after I left you so come on." He nodded and ran towards Lauren but she grabbed his arm and flipped. When he landed on the ground Lauren got on top of him and continued to punch him. She was super strong. I'll have to ask her why.

But then. All of a sudden Mike grabbed one of Lauren's hands and squeezed it. She screamed out and then he twisted it. He threw her against the wall and she slid down holding her arm. She looked over to the stairs and saw me and whispered "run." I nodded and tried my best to go back to the room without making noise. I grabbed my phone and texted Dinah to come pick my up but don't beep the horn.

I changed my clothes and climbed out the window. I saw Dinah's Red SUV parked outside and ran to get in.

"What's wrong. Where's Lauren."

"Lauren- Dad- Fight," I tried to get out.

"Wait Lauren and her dad are in a fight that's not good."

"Why isn't it?" I asked super confused

"Lauren didn't tell you what she is?"

"No?" I answered confused

"Well that her place to tell you not mine, but we have to get help and there is only one person who can help her. My mom."

Dinah drove to her moms house, told me to stay in the car and ran to the house.

Dinah's pov

"Mom. Mom!!" I yelled.

"What honey."

"It's Lauren and her dad again. I'm afraid she's really going to go off on him."

"Oh shit. Ok let's go." Dinah and her mom ran to Dinah's car. Dinah, her mom and Normani drove to Lauren's house. When they opened the door they saw blood on the ground and Lauren on one side of the room laying on the ground and Mike laying on the other side.

"Mani go check and make sure Lauren isn't dead. I'm going to call the police."
Normani nodded and ran over to Lauren.

"Lauren, baby wake up I know you didn't leave me." Mani felt Lauren move and then she just shot up. Lauren had a black eye a busted lip and her hand was broken.

"Baby are you ok." She just nodded. Minutes later the police and ambulance have arrived.

"Michal Jauregui. You are under arrest for abuse and trying to kill your daughter." The cop said while putting him in cuffs and throwing him into the back seat.

The ambulance drove Lauren to the hospital with me, Dinah and her mom following behind. When we got out of the car we saw Lauren being rushed into the hospital. I went into the waiting room and cried. I've cried for hours and the finally fell asleep. I felt someone shaking me so I opened my eyes. "Hey there sleepy cat. The nurse said Lauren is fine and she wants to see you." I nodded, got up and walked to her room.

This is the worst day ever.