Chapter 20

Normani's pov

I walked into Lauren's hospital room and when I saw her I cried harder than I cried before. The left side of her face was black and blue and she had a cast on her hand. I walked over to her bed at sat down.

"I'm so sorry babe. This shouldn't have happened to you. None of this should've happened to you." I touched her hand and she moved a bit. When she moved I quickly moved my hand back. She then started to groan and that's when I went to go get a nurse or doctor.

I came back and she was laying up holding her head. "Baby are you alright," I said walking up to her and sitting down next to her.

"Yea I'm good now. My head and hand just hurt."

"Yea your dad broke your hand but he's in jail for trying to kill you."

"Thank you babe for saving my life and being there through the ups and downs. If I didn't have u I wouldn't be alive right now. I wouldn't be talking to you. I'm so glad you came to our school babe." By now I had tears streaming down my face. This was the most beautiful thing Lauren has ever said.

"Babe I'm lucky asf to have you. No one messes with Laurmani."

"Laurmani babe, really." Lauren said laughing.

"Yes Laurmani. Don't make fun it's our names." We laughed and just talked the rest of the day until visiting hours were over.

"Bye babe I'll come back tomorrow." She nodded and yawned. She's so cute when she yawns but I'm not going to get too excited. She waved goodbye with her good hand and closed her eyes. I walk out her room and walk down the hall. As I'm walking I see to people with black hoodies on. I chose to ignore it and keel walking. I thought it was nothing till I heard a scream.

Who's scream was it.

Gotta wait