I guess one day couldn't hurt...

Days left: 0

Suddenly she was on the surface again. She looked around her, breathing heavily. There was a willow tree, a creek, it was beautiful. Quickly she ripped the collar off of her neck and touched the large burn.

"The power of Christ compels you..." She muttered.

She glanced the collar once more, glaring at it. Man, it hurt like Hevan. She looked at the tree, seeming to dance in the wind. She had never seen one before. Her hand reached out and touched one of the leaves, in awe of its softness. She looked around, wide-eyed and stunned. She hadn't been here in a very long time. She coughed a few times, touching her throat.

She sighed, tracing the scars on her arms as she hugged herself. Very long indeed. She looked back to the collar again, the decorative crosses glistening in the little light coming through the gray clouds. She shook her head, standing up and dusting off her legs. (159 words after legs. Bill Cypher confirmed)(166 words after that) She looked at the collar again. Something about it just... She walked over and picked it up, examining it.

All the pain it caused, they caused flashed into her mind, making her jump and drop it. She stared at its pulsing white light. I was scary... that thing. She picked it up again, trying to ignore the pain in her hand and turned it over a few times. How could it be that something so small, for such ludicrous reasons, could be so pure...? How could it be that it could kill her within minutes if it had the chance? Maybe it was better... if she was dead. Maybe it would benefit the world... to have one less demon to worry about...?  Rain started to fall from the sky as she held the collar up to her chest, so close she could feel the burning sensation on her fur.

I twig snapped behind her, making her hands jerk away and look back. Her ears twitched, looking for the direction of the sound. There was another snap and her ears snapped to it. She growled lowly, leaning down slightly.

Days left: 1

A figure appeared, a docile creature of some sorts with big ears. She dropped the collar and stared at the figure as it continued to get closer, her breath getting faster. She didn't know this, what was she supposed to do?  The surface wasn't like Hell!

"Hello? A-are you hurt? Are you an enemy?"

She glanced to the side, staying silent. Did that... dog... just hiss at her? What? She stayed silent, just staring at it. She steps forward a bit, unsure of what she was doing or where she was going.

It growls lowly. "Answer? O-or I'll... I'll..."

She steps up to the figure, examining it. He was quite frail looking. She looks at him with unamused expression, given he probably couldn't do something even if he tried. She touched his arm gently, examining it. He flinches away, growling again.

"ANSWER ME! Or I'll! I'll! GRRRRR!"

Yeah. Okay. No. She swiftly slams him against a tree, holding him by the collar of his shirt and says in a low voice, "I don't think you can do anything. So why don't you just mind your own business and stay out of my way?"

He whimpers and starts to bleed. Probably from old wounds. Her growls again, muttering a 'sorry' as she lets go of his shirt. He starts to limp away as she notices the blood.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

He just kept walking. "I stay out of way..."

"No," She reaches out and grabs his shoulder, spinning him around to face her. "It's your turn to answer me. Why are you bleeding?"

He stays silent before looking away.

"Did someone do this to you?" Her grip tightens at past memories.