I guess he's here now (part 2)

Eyy I'm continuing this!! Still using ramenfoodles characters Liam and Ivan
Precious boys
ALSO I'M SO SORRY IF THEY SEEM OUT OF CHARACTER IT'S BEEN A WHILE AND I'M SUPER SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME D:

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

Liam set down his Starbucks for the first time since he got it, sitting on the edge of the hospital bed.

"Uh... Hi." Liam waved his hand awkwardly. "My name is Liam. What's yours?"

Jules glanced from Liam's hand to his face, and back to his hand again. "Jules."

"Jules. I like that name."

Jules' cheeks suddenly flushed, his uncut hair successfully covering one of his eyes as he smiled and looked away. "Thank you," he muttered.

Liam smiled at this. "You're quite welcome. Ivan has been telling me all about you. You seem like a good kid."

Jules' fave turned a deeper shade of red, struggling to don't words. "Aa thank you!! Ivan tells me a lot about you, too!! You seem really nice and cool."

Ok. Liam was sold on this kid.

"I'm glad you think so."

Soon everything calmed down, Jules favoring Ivan a bit more in their conversation. He was probably just shy, or anxious. Maybe both. Liam could definitely relate to that, not blaming the kid even a bit for clinging to the one he feels the most comfortable with. He was like that most of his life, too.

"So, Jules..." Liam started, shifting slightly in his place at the end of the hospital bed. "What all has Ivan talked to you about?"

"Oh um..." His happy exterior darkens a little. "Mostly just treatment. What they're doing, what they hope to accomplish. The fact that I'll need to be put in some foster homes..." His voice trails off.

"Jules, I-"

"Hey Jules," Ivan starts, cutting Liam off and pushing back Jules' hair a bit. "I've gotta go and take my tired husband home, he's used to being awake this early. But when I get the time I'll come back and hang out a little more. Does that sound good?"

"Oh um... Yeah."

"Awesome." Ivan smiles. "Alright, Liam. Let's get you home." He looks up expectantly at Liam through his hair, and Liam curses his little gay heart for being so violently attracted to this man.

"Yeah. Hopefully, I'll see you again soon, Jules."

When they both got out of the building, across the parking lot, and into the car Ivan finally spoke up. "Sorry, I didn't want you to say anything about adopting him. I want it to be a surprise."

A silence fell between them.

"So... What did you think?"

"I... I loved him."