Chapter 2: Dirty Little Mouse

Of course he had a girlfriend. He was gorgeous, tall, had amazing hair by the looks of his stunning tresses and on top of that he smelt good. His scent was a mixture of strong cologne and mint with traces of some kind of light spice. Yep, if he was single I would've been beyond shocked. I mean it still stung but whatever, right? 

"Help yourself to anything you like." He said kindly. He moved passed me walking toward the dark wood door. He then turned back toward me and whispered. "Sterling has a stash of Skittles under his bed and when I say stash I mean dozens." My eyes widened immensely following his gaze to the bed nearest to me. "Take a pack. I take some all the time. "He smiled making my heart flutter. "I like your costume by the way." He grinned giving me a wink and then he was out the door. 

His complement made me take a look at my Mickey Mouse costume, starting at the black five inch pumps, I had chosen them over the famed yellow,  then to the slick black almost thigh high stockings, to the bare skin of my legs, up my high waisted red shorts to the black crop top with sheer long sleeves and my white gloves and to top it off, my black Mickey Mouse ears that I could see in the reflection of the windows that stood numerous yards from me.

"Ugh."I groaned to myself. " Of course he had a girlfriend." I muttered getting on my knees at the side of the bed that he had been looking at. I had to blink several times before I knew what I was looking at. I had never seen so many packs of Skittles in my life. I greedily grabbed two packs from the dozens of red parcels, threw off my pumps and plopped down on what I believed was Sterling's bed. Why didn't I sit on Griffin's bed? I would never know. I took out my phone and continued reading the novel I had started, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. I'm a huge fan. An hour later I had fallen asleep for who knew how long. Nevertheless, when I awoke, the clock on the side table to my left read 2:00 A.M. By the sound of the pounding music and loud voices it seemed that the party hadn't died down yet. 

I guess I should go round up the girls. I thought to myself grimly. I threw myself off the bed and slid on my pumps. This party was a bust. I snickered to myself. I quickly discarded the Skittles packages in the trash can under the side table, grabbed my phone and walked out into the moist air of the party. The music had slowed down and people were literally doing the unholiest of acts everywhere I looked. After catching several couples doing  the deed my face had started to burn immensely and all I wanted to do was leave the house. I avoided all eye contact and walked down the hallway. I had reached the apex of the stairs when my eyes caught a familiar dark grey beanie paired with a white shirt, Griffin. My heart did a somersault in my chest. 

He moved passed people,  walking in the direction of a blonde girl in a white angel costume, a very slutty angel costume that didn't really leave anything to the imagination. She was dressed in a very short tight sleeveless white lace dress. Her tall, probably 5ft8, body was slim. Her attire was paired with pale high heels and fluffy white wings. Her long blonde hair was wavy, her skin was porcelain, her eyes were ocean blue and her lips were ruby red. She was beautiful. Griffin's eyes never left her. It didn't take a genius to know that she was his girlfriend. But, she clearly didn't see Griffin because she turned to the nasty Jack guy who had been close behind her and kissed him. Wait, no, scratch that, she stuck her tongue down his throat and he was grabbing her at very explicit locations. I was already half way down the stairs and the burning pain that ignited in Griffin's eyes was enough to make my heart clench. Jack's malicious silver eyes cut to Griffin and he formed a cruel smirk against her lips. He purposely pulled away from her and she pulled him back against her body. 

Griffin angrily started off toward them with anger and betrayal burning in his eyes. I didn't know how fast I was going but I was in front of Griffin in a flash. I stared deep into his pained ice blue eyes and I don't know why I did it but I threw myself against him and gave him a hug, a warm embrace. An embrace that said don't do it, that said it's okay, and above all it said I'm here. I didn't know this guy at all but I was always there for anyone who needed it. The world was already messed up as it is and people didn't need to turn on each other for stupid reasons. I pulled back, grabbed his hand, pulling him up the stairs, quickly down the hall and into his room. I threw myself against the closed door starring up at the 6ft2 guy who stood a foot a way from me. He had about 80 pounds on me and if he wanted to storm out of there I really couldn't stop him. We stood in silence. I didn't know what to say.