Chapter 22: One Cliche After Another

We both felt significantly better after the shower. The tender moment was ruined by Griffin's erection pressing into the lower of my back.

"What a way to kill the moment." I shook my head at Griffin.

His blue eyes lit up and a huge smile grew across his face. His bruises were still there but now slightly cleaner.

"I was in the shower with a beautiful naked woman. If I didn't get a boner you should be worried." He grinned, gripping my hand tighter.

We walked toward the bonfire in the distance. I wanted to tell Skylar that Griffin and I were leaving. I just wanted to sleep everything off.

The huge bonfire came into view with the numerous teenagers dancing around it.

"Does it ever get old?" Griffin growled.

"Not when alcohol is running through your veins."

We walked to the area I had been resting. My eyes did a quick scan of the area for Sterling, Skylar, and my phone. None were anywhere to be seen. I had a bruise across the upper right side of my cheek, a cut lip and black eye. I had looked in the bathroom mirror for a while trying to brush it off. No one would notice.

Griffin has a busted lip, the forming of a black eye had begun as well.

I growled inwardly collapsing on a log beside Griffin.

"Couldn't find them?"

I shook my head.

"I can't find my phone either," I grumbled as everything just hit me and I realized just how vandalized I had almost been. How could I pretend everything was fine when my body ached and every time I closed my eyes I saw Jackson.

"My life could've been destroyed. I would've been dead on the inside.
And, Kate... she was just going to let it happen." I whispered mostly to myself with my eyes on the crackling flames.

"Jack is a monster and Kate is just as bad. I feel like complete shit for bringing you into this. They wouldn't have targeted you if it hadn't been for me."

"I was so angry..." I whispered softly. Griffin moved closer to me
His body temperature heating my cool form.

What could've happened brought scorching tears to my eyes.

My bruised knuckles throbbed lightly. My hands felt as if I repeatedly punched a tree.

I gritted my teeth until it hurt. I thought that I could just wash this off. But, I am so mad and hurt.

"Sage, please don't let it eat you up." He whispered.

"I'm fractured."

Griffin put his arm around me and pulled me against him. I broke down beginning to softly weep into his shirt. I had never felt so strong yet so weak.

I can't do anything right.

"I'm not going to say that everything is okay because it fucking isn't. But, you need to know that you don't have to carry this on your shoulders. I'm here. It's my fault. I hate myself so much at this moment."

I continued to cry.

"Jack is a steaming pile of dementor shit and Kate is a blood sucking whore."

A slight strangled giggle escaped my throat.

"Jesse will make sure they are both expelled or suspended in the least." He said trying to make me feel better.

It felt as if my throat had a rock lodged in it. My life could've been overall because I wanted to go see Griffin. Evil always followed happiness when it came to us.