Chapter 10: Jerks, Revelations and Skittles

"The man that you saw wasn't my father, it was my uncle, Pierce Marshall."

So many questions ran through my head. How did his father die? Who had abused Griffin?

But, none of them would surface.

"He's the CEO of Marshall Technologies." He ended with. My eyes shot to his arm, violent veins protruded from his skin as he spoke of his uncle.

"So, Ivy Leagues didn't suit you?" I asked, trying to alter the topic.

"Nope." He answered, grinning. "I mean Princeton was cool. Nevertheless, it was too far and I wanted a place that didn't only prioritize economics, political science and so on." He elucidated. 

"Griffin, when did we become friends?" I asked the guy. I had to ask. His blue eyes met mine. They shone with sincerity.

"Ever since you went all Harley Quinn on some pretentious losers."

"Suicide Squad metaphors?" I questioned him with a surprised smile pulling at my lips. His eyes widened in shock. He brought his hand up to his chest in fake pain.

"I love that movie. Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, hottest combination ever." He grinned widely, similar to a little boy.

"Yep, that's how I feel about Jared Leto's Joker." I beamed brightly, remembering my crazy obsession with the character.

"Ugh." He scowled. "He's the worst part about Harley."

"What?" I demanded in irritation, while punching him in the shoulder.

"Oh look, it's Prince Bipolar and his hand-me-down slut." A malicious voice cut through the sweet moment. Griffin and I turned to find Jack as well as two other malicious looking guys with similar faces, twins.

Jack's dark attire was of a black jacket, a white undershirt paired with dark grey jeans and dark sneakers. The others clothing were similar to his with only minor differences.

Griffin brought himself to his feet with me following his actions.

"What did you call me?" I growled with anger twitching in my veins. I wasn't a fan derogatory names as you knew.

"Look at this; the bitch speaks." Jack snickered nastily. His friends sneered back at us.

"Call her that one more time." Griffin dared stepping toward Jack.

"B.I.T.C.H." Jack hissed in Griffin's face. Things were about to get bad.

"What is going on here?" A earnest voice demanded.  The voice belonged to Jesse who had walked into the kitchen from behind the commotion.

"Nothing." One of Jack's friends replied as Jack shot Griffin one more spiteful glare then walked out with his goons behind him.

"Watch yourselves, Hunter and Ryder." Jesse yelled after them. "Why is it that every time I see you, you are about to exchange knuckles with Jackson Alistair?" Jesse asked Griffin skeptically.

"It seems that Jack always has a bone to pick." I clarified bitterly looking to the area that Jack once stood. 

"Jesse Carson, by the way." Jesse leered at me, extending a hand, which I shook. "We haven't formally met."

"The guy who's...with Ariel?" I tested.

"I guess you can say that." He grinned.

"And Sage." I smiled trying to forget about Jack. Jesse gave me a beam then sent Griffin a odd look.

"Um...Grif...Can I speak to you for a second?" Jesse presented a regretful look then walked off with Griffin but not before Griffin turned and gave me a wink.