Chapter 4: Sides Of Marshall

I grieved in the best way that I knew how, cry and sleep. So, that's what I did during all of Saturday. The girls brought me oatmeal cookies continually. They were the only things I could stomach. Night came quickly and it was 10:30 P.M before I finally got up and made my way to women's bathroom at the end of the hall. I moved like a zombie through the mostly deserted corridor. I entered the bathroom and stared in the mirror at the disheveled girl. My eyes were glassy with puffy dark bags that hung under them. My skin was a unhealthy hue. My dark brown hair was in a messy bun and I was dressed in a dark grey tank top with UCLA Bruins inscribed in black over the front and black shorts. Nasty words ran through my head like hoe, slut, bitch, and my least favorite whore.

Stop. I hissed at myself. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. I washed my faced repeatedly then took an hour long shower, even though, the water had gone cold long before then. I changed in to a clean red and white baseball tee and dark sweatpants then headed back to my dorm. I swiped my card over the reader, shutting the door behind me then laid on my bed staring at the posters on our walls. My favorite caught my eyes. A portrayal of a beach with the words Live, Laugh, Love drawn in the sand. I had to admit to myself that I felt significantly better until the sound of tiny stones being hurdled against glass filled my ears.

This is not happening. I muttered sitting up. My eyes shot to Skylar who was fast asleep. Another stone hit the glass window that stood between our divans. Skylar stirred slightly as I slowly dropped my bare feet to the soft indigo rug and walked to the window.

I swear if it's ...him, I will...I will...flick him in the ear... Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I continued to think of things to do to the dummy as I peered out the window to the grass below finding him, Griffin. His blue eyes shone in the moonlight. His golden brown tresses escaped from his dark grey beanie. He was dressed in dark wash denim jeans, a dark grey hooded jacket, with a white shirt underneath and black converses. He motioned for me to come down. I nodded at him then turned grabbing my ID and keys and walked out of my dorm.

He is going to so hear it! I growled to myself marching down the hall with anger evident in my bare footed strides. I walked into the elevator feeling like I was going to explode as the apparatus went down, then past the foyer, smiling at Sam the Asian who took the weekend night shifts at the front desk and then out of the building.

"You!" I half whispered, half shouted, pointing at the idiot. "You have some nerve showing your stupid face here!" I hissed angrily. The pain that I had once felt inside of me had officially turned into wrath. Griffin's ice blue eyes never left mine. They were filled with only slight tones of regret and some other calm emotion.

"Sage...You are a really nice girl..." He started taking a step toward me.

"I feel a but coming along." I muttered crossing my arms.

"Kate and I go back a long time. She's the only...one I want. I don't want to lose her." He explained. There was only one thing I was feeling, anger, and a lot of it. I marched up to him and flicked him hard in the ear. I heard him growl lowly under his breath as I stormed away.

"Goodbye Griffin! Oh and stones really? So cliché!" I exclaimed without turning around and shooting him a bird.

"Shooting a bird? Who's cliché now, Mickey? " He called smugly. I rolled my eyes.

"Go lick pavement." I called in a sing song voice. I took out my ID swiping it across the access monitor and headed inside. I shut the door behind me and walked to the elevator. I sliced the card through the card reader on the elevator panel. I couldn't help but smile to myself. I was filled with contentment. I wanted to pat myself on the back for not breaking down or flipping the psycho switch.