Chapter 7: Rebel With A Baseball Bat

My pulse raced rapidly in my chest. I did not dare take my eyes off Griffin who still had not turned toward me. He just stood with his back to me breathing deeply with his fists clenched. I needed to say something before he exploded.

"Griffin?" I started gently.

"What part of stay away from me don't you understand, Sage?" He demanded coldly. I was in so much trouble.

"Griffin...I did try to stay away from you." I stated tenderly. My eyes moved to the rich black velvet queen sized divan. The floor was hidden with a dark lush carpet. The ramparts were hued in a obscure shade. A crimson bedside lamp stood elegantly on the opaque kiosk. It sent a heated glow through the room. It would've been romantic if I wasn't so frightened. Griffin finally turned around. His eyes were coated with a glassy sheer and were slightly inflamed and his pupil were dilated. He was mostly definitely drunk and probably had eighty pounds on me.

He took a step toward me and I stepped backward, holding my arms up to keep him at a distance.

Don't stutter. I told myself sternly.

"I saw you and your...father at the fraternity...then I ...followed you here...I was about to leave but you saw me." I told him honestly, looking anywhere but his eyes.

"Why don't I believe you?" He questioned mockingly.

"I don't know..." I said timidly as I stared at my black converses.

"You. Need. To. Stay. The. Fuck. Away. From. Me." He gritted out.

"I am trying to!" I shouted at him finally looking him in the eyes, then immediately lowered my voice. "You aren't a ray of sunshine for your information." I hissed angrily. He had struck a nerve. "I tried to stay away..."I said softly." But, it never works out that way. "Can't we...start over?" I knew it was a long shot but I had to ask.

"Nope." He answered simply.

"Fine." I growled. I tried and now I was leaving. "Good luck getting back to campus drunk." I retorted marching past him. "Oh wait, your whores can drive you." I moved around the guy toward the locked door.

"Mickey..." He said softly. His voice made my heart clench and it was from then on that I knew I was screwed. I could feel his eyes on me. He was close. His arms wrapped around my waist softly.My breathing hitched. His touch was his ammunition. He knew he had an affect on me.

"Don't...leave, Sage." His lips slowly drew out my name as if it was ecstasy itself. I shut my eyes as he leaned into me and trailed his rose soft lips up the nape of my neck. The alcohol on his breath sliced at my nostrils but it felt so unbelievably good to have his arms around me. At long last I awoke from my trance.

"You...just said to stay away from you..." I whispered, my eyes scanning the intricate patterns of the dark egress in front of me. He was silent.

"I...I'm..." He started having trouble finding the words.

"Sorry?" I suggested.

"Yes..." He answered with a laugh playing at the back of his throat. His arms tightened around me. A sharp blast of pain soared up my mid section. I let out a scream of agony. Abruptly, pulling my shirt upward finding a two inch long cut in my skin. It must have been from the shrub from earlier.

I needed some disinfectant and band-aids. I turned to Griffin biting my lip to keep me from tearing up. His eyes scanned down my body to the bleeding cut.

"I have to...go." I told him. The next part was a stretch but nevertheless I was going to try. I took a closer step to him. "Why don't you...stop...drinking? And let me take you home." I said softly.