Chapter 23: That Never Happened

I walked slowly behind Mr. Redmayne as he led me toward the grand curtain. The sounds of spectators talking excitedly amongst themselves filled my ears.

He pulls the curtain back slowly revealing an auditorium filled with over a hundred people.

"Find him." Mr. Redmayne ordered. I knew immediately that he was talking about Griffin. My eyes scanned the front rows. I found him with his uncle Pierce, a middle-aged woman whom I aspected was his mother, Avalon, beside her, was a woman in her mid-sixties who was his grandmother Sparrow I assumed and then the person who made my blood boil...Kate was beside Griffin.

Kate was with him. She leaned over saying something in his ear that made him smile. She gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I balled my fists until my nails dug into my flesh and the pain took over my entire body. I wanted to cry and scream. Everything was getting to me. I can't do this. Everyone was against me. Even him.

Why did I want to be an actress in the first place? I screamed at myself. It's a waste of a dream. Why did I continuously think that Griffin and I had something? He just wanted fun. He was going to be with Kate no matter what. I could never keep someone like him. I should give up. Give up!

I was going to pass out because of all of the emotions that were cutting at my body. Tears streamed down my face. Mr. Redmayne took my wrist pulling me away from there, away from the other actors and into a vacant dressing room.

"How does that make you feel?" He demanded. When I didn't answer he asked again louder this time.

"Sage Phoenix tell me how you feel or I will drop you from this program."

"She's vile." I whispered in a low voice.

"Louder."

"She is vile! How can he stand to be near her after what she did!

"Let it out!" He ordered.

"Why else would he go back to her?" He mocked. "Because he loves her." I shook my head through the tears. "How. Does. That. Make. You. Feel?"

"It makes me sick!" I screamed. "I hate them!" Tears were rushing down my face and my body was burning. I couldn't breathe. I was hyperventilating. "H-he knows w-what s-she d-did."

My vision was blurry as I felt Mr. Redmayne pull me in for an embrace.

"What do you mean Sage?" He whispered.

"Jackson Alistair almost raped me." I cried into his white dress shirt. He looked into my eyes sternly.

"Did you tell anyone?" He demanded.

"Yes. He's been suspended as well as his friends." I told him.

It still didn't change what could have happened. It still hurt and Kate didn't suffer any repercussions. They didn't have any evidence that she was there. It did not make any sense.

"Good." He smiled his sweet smile. "Do you know what you just felt?"

"Anger." I still felt it coursing through my veins. I curled my hands into fists. I need to punch something. The room was burning and it felt smaller than usual.

"Use it." He ordered. "Use it in your performance. Channel it. I believe in you Sage." He beamed. His dark green eyes glistened.

"Thank you..." I breathed. "You've really made me feel better, Evan."

"What did I tell you about calling me Evan?" He asked with a side smile. I took a step toward him. He started scratching at the back of his head. Something dark was in the air. A flip switched.