This is Halloween

Frank's POV

It was finally only a few days away from my birthday and favorite holiday, Halloween. Gerard and I were going out with Mikey and Ray on a double date.

My phone chimed, I opened it and looked at the text.

Hey Frankie mind if I come early? And I dunno what I'm going to wear, what will you wear?

I smiled, I didn't know either,

Yeah, I'm just cleaning up right now. I'll be done in a half hour so you can come at 6:00.

Okay, see you in a few.

I hurried up my cleaning, I swept fast and not so efficient. Too soon the door opened, "Honey, I'm home!" I rolled my eyes, "In here dear." We both laughed when we saw each other.

"So what should I wear?" I smiled "I was honestly just gonna wear black skinny and a band hoodie." He frowned, "Dude, it's you're fucking birthday and fuckin Halloween. Let's dress up like fuckin Green Day and shit." I couldn't help but grin, "We're adults not middle schoolers."

"I'm dressing up as a vampire, like the classic Dracula shit, not like the real us." I felt a blush start to creep up, "Uh well would you be insulted if I was thinking of also being that sort of vampire?" He laughed as well.
"We could be vampires together!" I sighed mentally, I'm glad he wasn't insulted.

"Wanna go shopping for some capes or whatever you humans think classic vampire wore?" I nodded and we went outside, the late afternoon autumn wind blew our hair ever so slightly, and set off to one of the few stores open on Halloween.

"Okay, I'll tie your tie, I went to a Catholic school so I know this." I finished tying my own before tying his. We were wearing black suits with red ties, not the typical vampire outfit, but we looked damn sexy, at least Gerard did. I did my own makeup, trying to duplicate what Gerard's pale face looked like. He had the palest and fairest skin I'd ever seen, his bottom lid had dark black eyeliner and his eye was surrounded my red eyeshadow and the space between his top eyelid and eyebrow was covered in black eyeshadow.

"Mikey and Ray should be here in a few." It was already 6:55, we were going out at 7:00. It was still slightly bright out but by 7:30 it would be dark out and Gerard wouldn't have to take cover in the shadows of buildings and trees.

"Hey, we're here!" Ray and Mikey walked in the front door, they were dressed up too, thank god. "Classic vampires? Really Gerard? It was your idea wasn't it." He squinted at Gerard but then they both broke into a smile. "Well you two are dressed as fucking asylum patients."

They were, I just realized. They had on straight jackets, fake ones obviously. The jackets were a tan colored, they had makeup on as well, circles under their eyes and black around them too. They looked fucking insane and I loved it.

"You two look awesome! I feel so not vampirey." They shrugged, "We got it, you look like vampires, it's good." Ray assured us. Gee snorted, "Of course we look like vampires, trust me."

"Well we'd better get going, I didn't wake up this early to just compare costumes." Mikey took Ray's hand and they headed to the door, Gerard and I followed, I grabbed his hand uncertainly but he squeezed it and smiled at me.
I blushed and we headed to Ray's car.

We went got in car, Mikey and Gerard avoiding the sunlight, shame they couldn't see the sun, it was a gorgeous sunset. "If I took a picture of the sunset would it burn you if you looked at it?" Mikey shook his head, "I doubt it, you could try if you want." Ray took out his phone, which had a better camera then mine, and took a picture of the setting sun, sinking behind two hills.

"That's amazing, I've obviously never seen a sunset or sunrise for that matter." Mikey nodded in agreement, "It's beautiful. Just like your fro." Ray laughed, "Oh shut up Mikey." Mikey leaned over the set and kissed him before starting the car and pulling out of my driveway.

"Where are we going?"
"I was thinking like just crash some neighborhood parties and go out for dinner. Mikey and I will pay for it since it's your birthday." I'd never had anyone spend money on me for almost three years.

"Thank you so much, no one has cared for me enough to take me out in a few years." Gerard took my hand, "You're worth it. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise." I smiled at him, how did I manage to meet someone like Gerard?

"We're here." I looked out he window to see we were at a fair. "I thought you said we were going to crash some parties." Mikey smirked, "All in good time Frank. All in good time." I rolled my eyes and followed Gerard out the car. I stumbled and he caught me, "Lucky I have good reflexes." "Yeah, and it's a good thing you're super strong cuz I'm fat." Gerard looked at me in shock, "You're not fat! You're skinny and short, sorry, but it's true." He set me straight(unlike me sexuality) and grabbed my hand as we followed Mikey and Ray.

After the fair we went out to dinner as in we got pizza and hung out at a park watching the children in their costumes; the mothers hurriedly trying to make sure they didn't eat all of their candy at once.

I turned to look at the taller boy next to me, his teal roots of hair shone in the moon and the rest of the hair was as black as the sky. My hair was half haves, the shaved part was blond and the other half was black. "Hey Gerard, do you wanna be my boyfriend?"