Something to Ask You

Gerard's POV

I took Frank's hand and led him and Ray into the forest.

For them, it must've been slightly scary, it was forbidden in this mortal town to enter into this forest. I honestly didn't know why, it wasn't at all scary, maybe a few werewolves and a couple dozen vampires, oh, well, for monster-fearing people, this was a scary as fuck place.

Anyhow, I took my boyfriend and Ray to our village, at least, Mikey and I's former village, Bloodrun, topical name. We had moved out to an abandoned cottage not a few miles away from the out skirts of Bloodrun and only a half-hour walk from the human town.

"So, can you only kill a vampire if you put a stake through their heart?" I looked at Frank and laughed, "Is my boyfriend planning on putting a stake through me?" He shoved me, "Ha. Ha. Ha. No, I'm just genuinely curious. Like people think that what kills vampires are stakes and garlic-"

I burst into laughter, interrupting Frank, "Garlic? What the hell? Do we have to eat it or...?"

"You know, I honestly never got that really."

"Anyhow, to answer your question, there are only two ways to kill a vampire, one, stake through the heart, and two, the sun. Fuck the sun, that shit is stupid. Also, garlic doesn't do anything to us, whoever thought it did is a fucking moron."

When we got to the point where we could see the village I froze, "Er, I just thought of something um, you're not vampires.." Ray and Frank nodded, "And? You said we'd be safe with you." I scratched my head, "Well uh, the rest of our lot don't really uh particularly like humans." Frank looked up at me, "Why? Did we do something to them?"

"We destroyed their village." Ray spoke up. I nodded, "We used to live where you live. Then, your kind came and drove us out, you burned down houses and almost killed us all."

Frank looked really upset, "How could anyone do that? Even if you are all vampires and werewolves and shit. I mean, I know that you sometimes turn us but it's no excuse to burn down houses and kill you!" I laughed and swung our hands, "I fucking love you. I am so lucky to have you."

We got to the edge of the village and my two friends hesitated, "We will be okay... right?" Ray was ringing his hands together nervously. "I'll never let them hurt you, I promise."

We stepped into the village, Frank gasped, "Holy shit, this place is amazing." I shrugged, it really wasn't.

Bloodrun was located in one the only clearing of the forest, the trees were twisted to make the circular clearing. The moon and the stars were shining brightly, showing the whole town. The houses were all two stories high except for the center house, it held the only vampire family that was only vampire, no human had been turned and married one of them, it was a three story high mansion with ivy crawling up the sides.

The name of that family was Bloodrun, hence the name of the village. Most vampire towns and such were named after the pure vampire families. We only had one family who was pure in ours, most had at least two but the other two families had been murdered. The Bloodruns were still angry at the humans and for a good reason too.

"Well, I guess it's time, where's Mikey?" Ray had put on a brave face and wasn't ringing his hands anymore, he stood tall and looked like h didn't give a fuck, that was Mikey's look.

"Alright lets go, no time like the present to get killed by my own kind." I winked at Frank and led them to the hospital where my brother was recovering from the attempted murder.

"Oh hi dear, have you brought some friends? Hello there, I'm Elena, Gerard and Mikey's grandmother." She smiled warmly, she didn't have any fangs.

Ray smiled back, "Hey, I'm Ray, Mikey's uh um.."

"Boyfriend? Yes, he's told me about you. Us three are all very close and don't worry, I won't tell." She winked and looked towards Frank, "You must be Frank am I right? Gerard's boyfriend?" I blushed, "Grandma." Frank laughed and blushed as well, "Uh yeah, I am."

"You're uh, not a vampire." Frank said bluntly, I put my head in my hands. "I mean, uh sorry." She laughed, "No it's fine, I'm from their mothers side. The Bloodruns  allowed me to stay with my daughter without turning me. They knew how hard it must be though they'd never had that happen as they are pureblood."

"Harry Potter reference right there." Frank smirked, he looked as though he was already best friends with my grandmother. I rolled my eyes, "Okay potterheads can we please see my boyfriend?" Ray was looking slightly anxious even though he knew he was fine.

"Of course darling, lets go he's right up here." She led us up to Mikey's room where he lay, book in hand and glasses by his bed-side table.

"Mikey!" Ray ran to his side and kissed him, gross. "I missed you, I missed you so far." Mikey looked surprised but hugged him and kissed back, double gross. "Okay listen, I'm glad you two are reunited but god, save the kissing for a room." They laughed and kissed again, "Get a room!" Frank and I yelled at the same time.

"Yeah, cuz it's not like you two kissed on Frank's birthday right in front of us." Mikey retorted back, I rolled my eyes sassily. "It doesn't bother you two now does it? Anyways, how are you Mikey? Feeling better?" He nodded and shifted in his bed so that I could sit on his bed.

Mikey looked down, "Ray, I was so sad that we got attacked, I wanted to ask you something. Something important, something I've been saving for one person through out thousands of years." He got out of bed and knelt.

"Ray Toro, will you please spend the rest of your life with me and marry me?"