Chapter 4: The Darkness Rises

Under the sea, a Gyarados-shaped submarine was heading for the boat. Inside it were two people and a Meowth, paddling the way to their destination. One of the humans was a woman with long magenta hair in a snake style with curly tips and sapphire blue eyes wearing green pearl-shaped earrings, red lipstick, a white sleeved midriff with a large red R on it, a black short sleeved midriff underneath it, long black gloves, a white short skirt, and black thigh-high boots, while the other was a man with shoulder-length lavender hair with a small single fringe on the center of his head and green eyes wearing a white long sleeved shirt with the same R on it, a black short sleeved undershirt, black gloves, white pants with a brown belt on his waist, and black boots. He and Meowth looked like they were going to fall asleep.

"Jessie, can't we please take a break? My legs are getting tired from all that paddling." the man said in a whining tone.

"Yeah, mine feel like they're about to fall off." Meowth commented. Jessie looked at the two of them, clearly annoyed.

"No, James, Meowth, we're not resting until we get that twerp's Pikachu! Got it?!" she shouted. James and Meowth flinched.

"Aye aye, captain!" they both said simultaneously with a salute. As they continued paddling, Meowth suddenly grabbed the back of James's shirt and pulled him back.

"WHOA! Meowth, wha-" He couldn't finish before the Scratch Cat Pokemon covered his mouth. He signaled for James to be quiet. He nodded, and Meowth took a look at Jessie before taking his paw off his friend's mouth. He then spoke up in a quiet tone so that only James could hear him.

"Jessie sure is obsessed with Ash's Pikachu, isn't she?" Meowth asked. James just stared at him in shock.

"Wait, did you just call the twerp by his name?" he asked back.

"Yes, I did. I'm sick and tired of calling him a twerp. From now on, I'm calling him by his name." Meowth answered. James looked bewildered before smirking.

"Actually, Meowth, I'm sick and tired of it as well. I actually like the dude. He shouldn't have his Pikachu taken away from him. Or any of his other Pokemon, for that matter. I mean, I had Inkay, and our bond was almost as strong as, say, Ash and his Greninja. Having Giovanni take him away from me, I now know how Ash feels every time we try to steal Pikachu away from him. Honestly, I'd do anything to have Inkay back again." he said in a sad tone.

"Yeah, I know. You two were absolutely perfect for each other. Like, seriously? I'm surprised Inkay's not trying to Psybeam everyone in his path to get out of Virdian City and find you right now. Anyway, I would like to travel with Ash and Pikachu again. You remember that time I traveled with them back in the Unova region? Yeah, that was the most fun I've ever had in my life. I was actually quite sad when we got to Nimbasa City, knowing that I was inevitably going to leave them. Besides, the only times we actually do something is when we're helping him and his friends out anyway." Meowth replied, feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah, that's true. Remember the time we went to Team Flare's base with Serena? And, just so you know, if we're not calling Ash a twerp, we also shouldn't call his friends twerps or twerpettes." James stated.

"You're right. Boy, it would have been a lot more fun had we just quit Team Rocket and traveled with Ash in Kalos." Meowth said with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"What-oh, yeah, I almost forgot! Ash and Serena had huge crushes on each other, didn't they?" James asked with an impish grin.

"Yeah, not to mention that Pikachu and Sylveon were also falling for each other. So were Greninja and Braixen, for that matter. Hm, I wonder. Let's say we kidnapped Serena to try to bait Ash into handing over Pikachu. Who would he choose, his crush or his starter Pokemon?" Meowth replied. James looked at him like he had just grown two heads.