Chapter 37: Dark Revelations

Brandon walked up to a stunned Anabel, who had returned Mewthree into her Luxury Ball, with a feeling of power in each step. Ash, Pikachu, Latias, Kevin, Maria, and Lance couldn't help but gulp, which piqued Bonnie and her Pokemon's interests. Mew and Mewtwo even looked serious, which was a rarity to them. No longer able to hold in her curiosity, Bonnie elbowed Kevin in the hip, causing him and Maria to gaze down towards her.

"You mind telling me who Brandon is?" she inquired. Kevin smirked a little bit.

"Right, you don't know about the Battle Frontier. I can explain that, but it would take all night, so I won't yet. But one thing I can say is that the Frontier Brains, like Anabel, are some of the most powerful trainers in the world. Brandon is, by far, the strongest of the bunch. He can even rival a Champion's strength! It took Ash three tries to beat him! And only seven others have beaten Brandon and became Frontier Brains. Ash didn't want the role, which is why he was called the unofficial eighth Frontier Brain." he explained pridefully. Bonnie, Dedenne, and Squishy's eyes were wide open.

"Wow. Just how strong is Brandon?" she asked, impressed.

Kevin and Maria chuckled nervously before he said, "Well, let's just say he has Regirock, Registeel, and Regice...and is friends with Regigigas." Bonnie and Dedenne's jaw hung down upon hearing the names of the Legendary Titans and their master while Squishy's eyes grew wider. Brandon stopped right in front of Anabel and glared into her trembling eyes.

"So, I hear that you have been ignoring Lucy's calls the whole day...and what did I see in your office? A broken phone and tablet?!" he shouted angrily. Anabel snuck a nervous look at Mewtwo.

"Um, you see-" She got interrupted.

"And what were you thinking, having Jason and Shadow go after Serena and banning Ash, Kevin, and Bonnie from the Alola League?! Actually, who in the blue hell gave you the power to ban someone?!" Brandon exclaimed viciously. Anabel flinched before scowling.

"Why are you siding with Ash?! He-" Once again, Brandon cut her off.

"Why are YOU, of all people, labeling him as a criminal?! Ash is anything but that, and deep down, you know it. So, what if he's siding with Serena? He clearly has a good reason if what Lucy said is true." he stated scathingly. Just as Anabel was about to argue, Ash jogged over to them with the rest of the group by his side.

"Lucy? Did she find out anything? Besides what Nate told us?" he inquired curiously. Anabel looked like she wanted to protest, but one look towards Brandon's stern face immediately shut her up. He then put his hand inside his pocket.

"Yes. In fact, she has something for you." Brandon answered as he pulled out two halves of a broken Pokeball and held it out to Ash. He and everybody else looked understandably confused. Though, it didn't help that Ash, Kevin, and their Pokemon were getting ominous vibes from seeing the Pokeball.

"Whose Pokeball was this?" Anabel asked worriedly. Brandon took a deep breath and placed both halves in Ash's hand.

"This Pokeball used to belong to a certain...Delphox. And I have a feeling you know whose Pokemon this was." he replied regretfully. To the Frontier Brains' surprise, Greninja suddenly popped out of his Pokeball, almost like he heard Brandon. He and Pikachu sniffed the two halves and started to shake violently.

There's no mistake about it, Ash. That's definitely Serena's Delphox's Pokeball! Greninja exclaimed into Ash's mind, clearly pissed off. Now it was the trainer's turn to start shaking in anger with his aura higher than it's ever been, which was worrying everyone else.

"Brandon. Tell us everything you know. And I'm not taking no for an answer." he stated venomously. Anabel shivered fearfully while Brandon gulped.

"Right. We should talk in private, though. And Anabel needs her Pokemon healed up. Let's head over to the Battle Pyramid. It'd be quiet there." he responded firmly. Everybody except for Bonnie and her Pokemon, who were very confused, nodded.