Chapter 39: Fire And Lightning

Serena was floating through the sunny sky on Serenity's head. The trainer looked like she had bags under her eyes while the Ultra Beast was shivering in a mixture of rage and fear.

"Ugh...I couldn't sleep at all last night." Serena moaned, sounding very tired.

I can't say I blame you. Between all that blood we saw and Tierno's vomiting, it was a bad night for everyone. I'm surprised anybody was able to sleep. Serenity replied worriedly. Serena could feel herself about to hurl and managed to control it.

"Yeah, and talking about it isn't helping..." she murmured groggily while holding her belly.

Sorry. Serenity responded apologetically.

"It's not your fault, Serenity. That fucking Titan crossed the line! I'm going to return the favor by killing someone he loves...if that someone even existed!" Serena exclaimed venomously. Serenity couldn't help but smile.

You remind me of him, you know? she inquired.

Serena grinned ruefully before saying, "That's what Mom always says. I would have loved to meet Dad again. I wonder if he is proud of me for following in his footsteps."

Oh, absolutely, Serena. I can safely say that you are the best thing to happen to us since his reign. Getting back on topic, though, I had thought that all the Titans were eliminated. But with Jason's reappearance and subsequent attempt at murdering you, plus everything that happened at the party, we have to be a lot more careful from now on. This is why I'd like to stay out of my Beast Ball at all times. Serenity stated sternly. Serena stroked her chin thoughtfully.

"I agree. It is too dangerous to be out without an Ultra Beast. I mean, I could have died yesterday if it wasn't for the Ketchums, Blondie, and that rogue International Police member. Which begs the question: why did they save me when everybody else was after me? That doesn't make sense at all. Red, Blue, and Jason killed my father, and yet Red's sons were the ones who protected me from Jason and Lance. Talk about irony..." she said, clearly flabbergasted.

Yeah, fate is clearly playing a cruel joke on us. I mean, come on! Ash, a Ketchum, is in love with you, a Yvonne! What does he think this is, some kind of romance play?! Serenity shouted, utterly disgusted. Serena flinched as she held her head painfully. Unbeknown to Serenity, a pink twinge crept across her trainer's cheeks.

Oh, Ash. Ash...why are you Ash? Why do you look so familiar to me? Why am I developing a crush on you, of all people? I mean, you are brave, strong, bold, kind, handsome...whoa, get a hold of yourself, Serena! He's a Ketchum! He wants the Ultra Beasts gone! I'm a Yvonne! I want the world destroyed! I can't trust him, never mind love him! she thought with mixed emotions.

Serena was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't hear a boy's voice yell out, "Turtonator, Flamethrower! Salazzle, Marowak, do your thing!"

Oh, for fuck sake... Serenity muttered to herself upon seeing a stream of red-orange flames, a multicolored dragon shaped beam of energy, and a spinning gray bone coming straight for them. She abruptly moved to the right, startling Serena.

"Whoa! What the...?!" she mumbled, shocked. The Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse waltzed past the duo, but the bone changed directions and hit Serenity hard, making her and Serena fall out of the sky and straight towards a volcano. The trainer screamed while clutching her hat, with more pain entering her head.

Meanwhile, in Hau'oli City, Ash, Pikachu, Gary, Lillie, and Snowy were on Latias's back, about to take off. Kevin and Maria were beside them, sitting on Predator's back. The brothers each had a duffle bag over their shoulder. Before they could do anything, Ash and Latias both heard a scream inside their heads.