Chapter 45: Angel Of Darkness

Inside the small forest on Poni Island, Jason was pushing himself and his training beyond his limits. He stood in the center of a clearing, holding up two energy shields on both hands to either side of him, as he strained in the session seemingly born for the darkest pits of the Reverse World. Zipper and Disso were attacking Jason's left shield with the Flygon's body being surrounded by a blue, dragon shaped aura and the Gallade swinging his light blue glowing forearms around. Phoenix was smacking the other one with dark energy wrapped around his fist.

He was also joined by another Pokemon: the only daughter of the partner of the Titan's Grand Elder, Hera, who also happened to be Jason's grandmother. She resembled a quadruped, light brown wolf. She had a white underbelly that extended up around her muzzle and eyes in a mask-like marking. She had pointed ears with dark brown tips and pink insides, big blue eyes, and a triangular, dark brown nose. There were four sharp fangs in her mouth, two in the upper jaw and two in the lower. Large tufts of brown fur extended from the sides of her head, three tuffs on each side. A bushy, white mane covered her neck. Four dark brown rocks poked out of her mane, creating a shape similar to a stylized sun. The lower portion of her legs were white, and each foot had three dark brown claws. She also had a long, fluffy white tail. This was the last member of Jason's team: Jade the Midday Lycanroc. She growled in concentration while charging into his shield at a high speed with a white aura surrounding her.

Everyone was so focused on what they were doing that when Rotom seemingly appeared out of nowhere behind Jason, they didn't even notice.

'Mazzter, you have a call from Na...OK, what the Houndoom did I juzzt float into?' she asked, clearly confused.

'He's trying to break his own limit again, Rotom. Honestly, at this rate, I'm not sure if either of them are going to have a limit. They've been at it for four hours straight.' a deep, growing voice stated with an air of unbelievable wisdom. Rotom turned to the right and, after gasping loudly, seemingly bowed towards the speaker. Mediating under a large tree sat a massive bipedal, reptilian Pokemon covered in scaly armor. Most of his body was gray with some lighter gray areas as well as a yellow and red marking. He had a round, beak-ish snout and small eyes nearly hidden under his head armor. On the tip of his snout was a patch of pale gray, and both the lower and upper jaws had a tooth-like spike on each side. The top of his head was covered by an elaborate arrangement of scales. At the front of the headdress was an oval scale, which was yellow with a red heart-shape at the base. On either side of the front scale was a chain of four circular scales. The first three scales were red with yellow trim and the last scale was solid yellow. Three additional chains of plain yellow scales extended from the back of the headdress. Running down the front of his long neck was a line of overlapping scales, one solid gray at the top, three larger gray ones with yellow rim, and one solid yellow scale at the bottom. A thick yellow stripe with a rounded projection in the center ran across his chest. Covering his shoulders were tufts of spiky, white feathers with small, gray scales overlapping them. Four overlapping scales covered the tops of his arms. Three were gray with yellow edges and the scales that covered his hands were red with yellow edges. He had four scaly chains, all of which consisted of four scales, extending from just behind his shoulders. The two foremost chains were made of overlapping scales and had a solid gray scale at the top followed by three scales with yellow edges. The other two chains consisted of only solid gray scales and did not appear to overlap. The lower halves of his legs were dark gray, and there was a pale gray marking across each knee. His hands had four yellow claws, while the feet had only three. A long line of slightly raised, pale gray scales ran down the center of his back to about halfway up his tapering tail. Near the tip of his tail were three sets of loose scales that increased in size. Each set was made up of four separate scales that encircled the tail. The lower two sets were solid yellow, while the set nearest the tip had gray centers. The very tip of his tail was pale gray. He was the sensei of Jason and Hau and master of The School of Scales, the aged warrior, Clanger the Kommo-o. Age had only made him stronger and more fearsome, but it did not hinder his clearly caring and loving nature.