Chapter 36: X vs. Y

An eerie silence fell upon the office as Mewtwo continued to glare daggers at an utterly stunned Anabel, whose eyes and mouth were wide open. Caitlin and Fennekin were also staring at him in a shocked manner. The air was starting to suffocate Anabel while sweat fell down her face. She tried to speak, but no words came out of her mouth. Caitlin didn't have such a problem, though.

"Uh, did I just hear you right, Mewtwo? You want the bans...lifted?!" she inquired, still flabbergasted. Mewtwo twirled around to face Caitlin with a calm look on his face.

'Yes, I do. While I may not know Kevin and Bonnie, I do know Ash quite well. And if I know one thing, it's that he is NOT a criminal. I mean, seriously, look at what he's done! He sacrificed himself to prove to me that not all humans are bad, for instance. That is not what a criminal does! What a criminal does is abduct someone Ash loves more than anyone! What a criminal does is intoxicate her with a Nihilego's neurotoxin! What a criminal does is adopt her against her TRUE mother's will! What a criminal does is make Ash do the Island Challenge and wait five months for a chance to save her! AND THIS BAN IS NOT HELPING THE SITUATION, ANABEL!' he exclaimed, growing angrier by the second. Mewtwo raised his right hand up. Anabel was reaching for her cell phone when suddenly, it and her tablet got surrounded by a light blue aura, startling her, Caitlin, and Fennekin.

'By the way, no phone call, video call, or whatever you do on this tablet.' Mewtwo stated strictly. He brought his arm forward in a throwing motion. Anabel's phone and tablet went flying until they crashed into the wall, creating a dent and shattering them into pieces. Anabel felt pure terror course through her whole body. And she hated this feeling. After all, Anabel was supposed to be the most powerful Frontier Brain after Brandon! But now, Mewtwo was making her look like a scared little girl.

"So...you're on my side, Mewtwo?" Caitlin asked hopefully.

Mewtwo nodded and said sternly, 'I am. Now Caitlin, you should get out of here. Things are about to get...quite messy around here.' Just before Caitlin was about to reply, the door opened up, revealing Looker. He looked surprised to see both her and Mewtwo there.

"Ah, you're both here. Good. Jason left for Po Town a while ago. Hau is seeking out Red regarding Ash and Kevin. No word from Lance about them and Bonnie, though, but I'm sure he'll find the criminals eventually." Looker said calmly, not realizing the seriousness of the situation. All of a sudden, a light blue outline surrounded his entire body, causing him to flinch.

"What the-FUCK!?!" Looker yelled out as he came hovering over to a furious Mewtwo. Once he stopped, they were eye to eye. Anabel flinched while sweat began to fall down Looker, Caitlin, and Fennekin's foreheads.

'ASH...IS...NOT...A...CRIMINAL!' Mewtwo shouted venomously. He swiped his left arm to the side, sending a screaming Looker crashing through another wall.

"LOOKER!" Anabel cried fearfully. Caitlin was having mixed feelings. On one hand, she was concerned since Looker was her boyfriend's father. At the same time, Caitlin felt that he deserved it for not listening to Nate first. When the dust settled, Looker was on the floor in an empty room, knocked out cold. Anabel froze while Caitlin and Fennekin were shivering a little bit, obviously relieved over not being on Mewtwo's bad side.

'See what I mean when I said messy, Caitlin? Now Looker is still alive. That was just a small sample of my power, so I suggest you take him and move it!' he exclaimed commandingly. That snapped the duo back to attention. They both gulped before Caitlin gave Mewtwo a nod. She then grabbed a Pokeball from her belt and pressed on the white button to enlarge it.

"Raichu, a little help here!" Caitlin shouted while throwing it towards the hole. The Pokeball opened up, revealing an Alolan Raichu, who was hovering in the air on his tail. He let out a playful cry while doing an upside-down loop. However, once Raichu saw the unconscious Looker, a pissed off Mewtwo, and a frightened Anabel, he became very serious.