Chapter 33: The Shadows Are Calling Us Out

Deep inside a cave northwest of Cerulean City in the Kanto region, another Mewtwo was sitting, with his legs crisscrossed, on top of a giant rock. His eyes were closed as a light blue aura surrounded him. A group of Pokemon were with Mewtwo all around the rock, with a few of them having multiple black horizontal lines on their bodies.

He sighed before saying, 'Another day...' Mewtwo opened his eyes, which were glowing a light blue as well. He then floated down to the rocky ground below. Mewtwo uncrossed his legs and stretched them out. As his feet landed, the glow in his eyes and his aura vanished. Mewtwo stared at the entire group with a challenging look on his face.

'Now...who wants to battle against me? Who needs a training session today?' he mused. Everyone let out a loud battle cry as Mewtwo looked at potential sparring partners. Before he could decide on one, however, an even more massive roar shook the cave walls, startling all of them.

'What the heck?! Venusaurtwo, Charizardtwo, Blastoisetwo, get in front of me!' Mewtwo exclaimed in alarm as he glared at the opening. Just as the three cloned, fully evolved Kanto starters were about to do that, a Naganadel suddenly flew in, heading straight for the Genetic Pokemon. His eyes widened in shock as they glowed again. Mewtwo quickly formed a large light blue ball of psychic energy around his body. Naganadel skidded to a stop, preventing himself from making impact with the force field. He then roared ferociously and levitated there in a battle stance. All the cloned Pokemon ran off even farther into the dark cave, leaving the two titans by themselves.

Before Mewtwo could even comprehend what had just happened, he heard a woman's voice say in a calm tone, "Not now, Naganadel." Naganadel backed away from him, still hissing. The woman got off his back and looked directly at Mewtwo. She was wearing a red hairclip on her short brown hair, black lipstick, a black T-shirt over a black jacket with a small rainbow-colored R on the left side of her chest, a tracksuit whose sleeves had been tied in a knot, and black shoes. A Fletchling was perched on the woman's left shoulder, looking very serious.

"Sorry about my friend here. He loves making an entrance. Anyway, so you're Mewtwo, huh?" she inquired, clearly impressed. Normally, Mewtwo would have just used his psychic abilities to kick any unwanted guests out of the cave, but there was something about the woman's blue eyes that reminded him of a certain girl, for some odd reason. And it helped that he wanted to learn more about the mysterious Pokemon next to her and Fletchling. Mewtwo let his force field disappear.

'I am, actually. Who are you? Who are those Pokemon, especially the huge purple one? And what business do you have with me?' he asked curiously and, at the same time, cautiously. Mewtwo then took notice of the R and tensed up.

'You're not-' He got interrupted.

"A part of Team Rocket, am I? NEVER! Never in a million years would I willingly join such a shithole of an organization!" the woman yelled out with such conviction that it even caused Mewtwo to flinch.

'Then what does that R stand for?!' he shot back with a glare. This time, it was the woman and Fletchling who flinched. But they weren't about to be intimidated by such a powerful Pokemon.

"My name is Grace Gabena. I am the co-leader of an organization known as Team Rainbow Rocket. Not Team Rocket, mind you. Team RAINBOW Rocket. And this is Fletchling, a Pokemon native to the Kalos region, and Naganadel, an Ultra Beast from another world. We're here to ask you something." Grace replied calmly. Mewtwo narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

'Then you better ask away, and quick. I don't have time for humans. ESPECIALLY not humans from any kind of no good organization like you.' he said venomously. Sweat was starting to come down Grace and Fletchling's heads as she started to seriously consider her next words.