Chapter 13: A New Family

In the Ultra Space, Serena was resting in a bed after some quick training with her Ultra Beasts. She had a vile smile on her face.

Today's the day we start demolishing these worthless trials. Serena thought as she looked up at the endless blue world that she had already called home. She then turned her head towards Nihilego, who was laying down on the blue and white crystal ground next to her.

How's your bed? she asked in an intrigued tone.

"It's as good as ever." Serena replied with bliss.

Good. That little girl's reaction to her rat getting poisoned was totally worth it in the end. Nihilego stated with a laugh as she recalled destroying the girl's Dedenne. Serena laughed with her.

"Yeah, and was that guy really a League Champion? I mean, Guzzlord really showed that dragon wannabe what a real dragon looks like." she said with a snort while remembering how Guzzlord humiliated the man's Charizard. They laughed even harder.

Do you think the girl and Zygarde will show up? Nihilego asked curiously.

Serena smirked before saying, "I don't think so. I know so! Zygarde IS the Order Pokemon after all, so naturally he'd want to 'restore order' to the Alola region by stopping us. And the way the girl speaks telepathically to him, she's probably going to be his trainer."

'Restore order'? Pfft! Yeah, if anything, it's going to be us that restores the order all over the world! Nihilego exclaimed with determination evident in her voice. Serena nodded before she started getting deep in her thoughts.

"It sure sounded like Guzma got his ass handed to him by that boy yesterday. Beating his Darkrai in three moves? I have to say, I'm impressed." she said, clearly interested in the power of the boy.

True. Who did he even use? Tapu Koko? Tapu Lele? Tapu Bulu? Tapu Fini? I mean, those four are all part Fairy and would have made the most sense against a Dark type like Darkrai. Nihilego pointed out with rage coursing through her body. Serena shook her head.

"No, he apparently used a Greninja. And according to Lusamine, this Greninja can transform into what his friends have dubbed 'Ash-Greninja'. Weird name for such a transformation, I tell you. Also, apparently this Greninja can use Aura Sphere, which his species usually can't learn." she stated. Nihilego was left stunned by the revelation.

Whoa, sis, that's one overpowered Greninja if I do say so myself. Makes me want to test out his power myself! she exclaimed in a confident tone. Serena couldn't help but giggle.

"Now remember, unless we find a Legendary or Mythical, we're not going to battle just about anybody until the League starts. Let's just stay focused on the trials for now." she reminded Nihilego. The Ultra Beast sighed in disappointment before nodding at those words. Just then, Serena heard her tablet ring. She smiled as she took it out of her backpack and just pressed on the Answer button without checking to see who was calling. A few seconds later, Lusamine's face appeared on the screen, and she had a warm smile.

"Hey Lusamine. Say, can I call you Mom? I mean, you are my stepmother and all, so it makes sense to call you that." Serena inquired in a sweet tone. Lusamine gasped in shock.

"Let me get this straight. You want to call me Mom? Even though I directly helped your father break your heart nine years ago?" she asked uncertainly. Serena simply shrugged as she sat up.

"Why not? Dad breaking my heart was probably the best thing to ever happen to me. Without you, he probably wouldn't have found the Ultra Space and met the wonderful Beasts. Without you, I wouldn't be here today. It would be an injustice to not call you Mom." she stated as she petted Nihilego's head. The Beast cooed in affection. Tears started falling down Lusamine's cheeks.