Chapter 48: Split Personalities

Inside a Pokemon Center in Heahea City of Akala Island, Paul was sitting on a couch with an unusually cold expression, even for his standards. His hands were balled up into fists, and a scowl seemed to be permanently engraved on his face.

Team Rocket...you really went and did it again, huh, you bastards?! Paul thought angrily. He had been like that since the news about Shamouti Island came out. Though, it was nothing compared to the anger Paul was feeling towards the people involved in the kidnapping and brainwashing of his little sister.

You all are pretty pathetic. I am looking forward to the day I get my payback for everything you've ever done to my family. Especially Serena. he brooded. Paul then sighed as he thought back to the times when his family was actually a happy one.

"That felt like a damn long time ago, huh?" he asked himself bitterly. Paul's thoughts got interrupted by an intercom speaker blaring.

"Paul Gabena, your Pokemon are fully healed up and ready to go!" a Nurse Joy called out cheerfully. Paul stood up and walked over to the counter, where she was holding a tray filled with six Pokeballs. He picked them up and placed them on his belt.

"Thanks." Paul mumbled to Nurse Joy. He turned around and went towards the door. However, he stopped upon overhearing something.

"I hear that Beast bitch is going to be battling against Olivia soon." a man stated. Paul tensed up when he heard that.

Another man let out a low chuckle before saying smugly, "Well, she's not going to get far. Two of Viren's assassins are going to kill her on the spot. The Revengers will be hailed as Alola's heroes!" Paul gasped in horror before getting increasingly angrier. He stormed back to the table where the two men were laughing. One of them was dressed in a Magmar costume while the other guy wore black and yellow wrestling tights and black boots.

"Oh man, I can't wait to hear the news singing praise about us tomorrow!" the Magmar guy exclaimed giddily.

"Praise? You idiots? Pfft, right." Paul hissed out venomously. He suddenly grabbed the guy he recognized as Mad Magmar by the mask, catching everyone off guard.

"Hey, what the-WHO ARE YOU TO CALL THE REVENGERS IDIOTS?!" the other man shouted angrily. Paul shot a snarl towards him, making him flinch. He then slammed the guy he was holding face first on the table, which knocked him out cold.

"Who am I? Funny, I should be asking you who this Viren idiot thinks he is, calling for an assassination of this 'Beast bitch'." Paul replied viciously. He and the man stared each other down intensely.

"Hey now, no fighting in the Pokemon Center! Take it outside if you must!" Nurse Joy hollered authoritatively. Paul actually scoffed.

"Next time I hear you badmouthing Serena, you better watch your back. I don't forgive any kind of shit that's being said about her. And if you're taking action against her...well, prepare to face the consequences." he growled while cracking his knuckles. The people in the know froze at the mention of Serena. The man winced in fear. Paul swiftly turned around and ran out of the Pokemon Center. He quickly grabbed a Pokeball off his belt and pressed on the white button to enlarge it.

"Talonflame, stand by for flight!" Paul shouted, throwing it forward. The Pokeball opened up, revealing a Talonflame. He let out a loud squawk and instantly knelt down.

Just as Paul was about to climb on, the man from earlier called out, "You think you can pull a fast one on Mad Magmar and escape Mr. Electric's wrath that easily?! Think again! Now that I know you're working for them, I'm not letting you go! Electivire, Wild Charge!" Paul smirked inwardly as he took another Pokeball and made it larger.