Chapter 14: A Broken Bond

Ash, Misty, Gary, Lillie, Gladion, and their Pokemon were having a picnic on Route 10, on their way to Mount Hokulani. It had been three hours since Ash and Pikachu had found out about Acerola's Totem Mimikyu being the same one who wanted Sylveon dead. Since then, the Mouse Pokemon had been sticking with her like glue. Ash couldn't blame him, knowing that the trial after this one would probably be one of the most personal battles of his entire life. He could certainly say the same about his possible (and hopefully six-on-six) battle against Serena that, he felt, was inevitably going to happen in the Alola League. Ash shuddered at the thought of that battle not being a full one.

"This whole 'needing to beat Serena's full team of Ultra Beasts in one go at the League' situation is really making my heart ache." he admitted as he took a sip of water. Gary, who was sitting right next to Ash, put his arm around him.

"I know what you're saying. I mean, seriously, man, what would you do if you were to face her before the semifinals?" he asked with worry evident in his voice.

"Honestly, I don't know. I can still knock her out of the tournament, but what good would that do if she's still going to be Lusamine's puppet? And if she's anything like Lysandre, she's bound to have a Plan B." Ash stated with a frown as he took out his tablet and turned it on. Gary smirked as he saw his background.

"Well, don't give up until it's over, Ashy Boy. I'm pretty sure the cute girl who's gracing your tablet would agree with me on that one." he replied in a teasing manner. That caught Misty, Lillie, and Gladion's attentions, as they looked up to face a blushing Ash.

"You got a cute girl gracing your tablet, Ash?" Misty asked suspiciously. Pikachu, Sylveon, Greninja, Delphox, Latias, Charizard, Sceptile, Lucario, and Pangoro all smirked, as they knew who was on Ash's tablet from the moment he first made the photo his background. Sighing inwardly, he turned it around to show Misty, Lillie, and Gladion the photo of Serena in his outfit. The two girls squealed in awe while he smirked.

"Aw, now that is so adorable! Serena does look really cute in your clothes!" Lillie exclaimed. Gladion nodded at those words.

"Yeah, I agree. How did she get in your clothes, to begin with?" Misty asked curiously. Ash smiled as he thought back to that day.

"I had gotten sick while training with Greninja in the water the day before. Serena did warn me about that, but I was too focused on trying to master the Bond Phenomenon, so ultimately, I didn't listen until it was too late. That was me being me. Ha ha. Anyway, while Clemont and Bonnie were going to the pharmacy to get me some medicine, a rockstar trainer named Jimmy and his Pikachu came to our campsite looking for a battle against my Pikachu. And boy, he was really loud with his guitar! Even today, I'm still not entirely sure how I managed to sleep through all that noise. To get Jimmy to shut up, Serena accepted the challenge on my behalf. She then dressed up as me and took Pikachu to battle. Though, Jimmy was still really loud in battle too, so yeah, I still had to sleep through his music either way. Anyhow, Serena would have won if Team Rocket hadn't decided to interrupt it." he explained while looking at Pikachu, who was also smiling upon remembering one of his favorite moments of his life. Gary and Gladion's smirks had grown while Misty and Lillie were having a giggling fit.

"Aw, now that is just too adorable if I do say so myself." Lillie said with a smile.

Ash nodded before saying, "I wanted her to stay in my clothes all day. That's how adorable she was being. There was also the time when Serena dressed up in a nurse outfit, a Fennekin outfit, and a Florges costume. I actually popped a boner at the mere sight of the Fennekin one. She is just so cute no matter what she's wearing!" Gary snorted out a laugh.

"Dude, you actually popped a boner from looking at a girl in a cute outfit?! Now that's something I would have liked to see, Ashy Boy!" he exclaimed, still laughing. Ash's face was as red as a tomato. Then his lips curved upwards into a mischievous smile as he got up and walked over to Lillie.