Chapter 25: The Road To Redemption

"...WHAT?!" nearly everyone shouted in shock as they stared at Paul, eyes wide. He, Ash, Pikachu, Sylveon, Delphox, Pancham, Lillie, Snowy, and, surprisingly, Kevin, Maria, and Leaf all laughed at their faces.

"Nice one, cousin!" she exclaimed as she held her hand up in the air. Paul smirked as he gave Leaf a high five.

"Thanks, cuz. That was pretty darn funny if I do say so myself." he stated with a snicker aimed at the still stunned group. Leaf couldn't help but giggle a little bit as she turned back to them, waiting for the initial shock to die down.

"So, Paul, let me get this straight. You're..." Clemont couldn't finish his sentence, but somebody else could.

"SERENA'S BROTHER?! Shoot, why didn't she tell us any of that before?" Bonnie asked, clearly irritated as she looked over at Ash.

"Maybe because bringing up Paul would bring back bad memories of their father and the Rhyhorn racing practices she's had to endure in her childhood. A journey could be a potential getaway from personal problems, after all. I would know, since I've had problems at home before I started my journey. And they mostly involved Dad leaving us...and missing Serena, even though I had somehow forgotten about her at some point." he admitted as a tear fell down his cheek.

"You weren't the only one who was negatively affected by Dad's departure. But hey, at least I had Leafy back then. Though, there was still that problem of our moms feuding with each other. And that is somewhat affecting my relationship with my girlfriend. Ash had it worse, though. He had lost Dad, and then Serena. He used to go to that spot where they met all the time and cry because he wanted her back by his side. Leaf would always hear him, since she lived close to it, and try to calm him down. Though, I'm surprised she didn't tell him where Serena lived." Kevin stated as he looked curiously at Leaf. Soon, all eyes were on her, who was sweating profusely.

"Hey, it's not my fault that I couldn't tell him where my cousin lived. I wanted to, but due to Mom's feud with Delia, she called Aunt Grace and told her to keep Serena away from Ash. And then before our tenth birthdays, she had a Hypno hypnotize him and made him forget about her...Oops." Leaf covered her mouth, but it was too late. Everyone except for Kevin, who was seething upon remembering what caused the Hypno incident, was staring at her, shell-shocked over the latest revelation.

"No...Why, Aunt Yellow?! Why in the blue hell would she do that to them?!" Paul shouted in an enraged tone.

"...THAT WITCH! Trying to keep the perfect couple apart because of a dumb feud?! Why, I'll show her the Land's Wrath!" Bonnie shouted, clearly pissed off. Squishy instantly nodded at those words, shaking in fury. Almost everyone, even Nurse Joy, flinched.

"Geez, Bonnie, calm down..." Clemont said, clearly exasperated. But he, too, was very angry. Though, nobody could compare to how Ash was feeling. His blue aura was flaring up even wilder than before. Pikachu's cheeks were sparking more electricity than ever. And Ash's other Pokemon popped out of his Pokeballs, looking equally furious. Greninja, especially, looked like he was about to put someone through a world of hurt. Thankfully, Delphox, Sylveon, and Milotic were there to calm him, Pikachu, and Sceptile, respectively, down to an extent. Though, they, along with Pancham and Altaria, also looked very pissed off.

"Leaf, give me Yellow's number. It's about time somebody talks some sense into her." Ash said in a calm, yet firm, tone. Leaf was quick to oblige, knowing the seriousness of the situation and how feeble it would be to resist him when he's in this state. Soon, Ash was on his tablet, dialing in the number and waiting for the call to connect. A few seconds later, the screen revealed a video of a smiling woman. She had long yellow blonde hair in a ponytail with a layered fringe at the front and dark greenish yellow eyes and was wearing a straw sun hat, a long sleeved black shirt under a yellow tunic dress that is edged with green, blue tights, and purple ankle boots.