Chapter 30: Reemergence Of The Shadows

At Aether Paradise, Palermo was sitting on the patio overlooking the sea, sipping on her morning tea. She had her sunglasses on and was looking up at the sky.

"That Delibird should be here any minute now..." Palermo grumbled to herself impatiently.

Suddenly, she heard Lusamine's voice call out, "Expecting something, Madame?" Palermo sighed as her daughter in law sat down in the chair next to her.

"Just a little something from an old friend. How's everyone?" she asked curiously. At that question, Lusamine scowled.

"Well, Lillie is still alive, no thanks to that Oak boy and that darn Charizard. And Guzma couldn't stop Ash from regaining his memories. Not to mention that he has a very powerful team, including a Greninja with an ability that hadn't been seen since that blasted Inferno from eight years ago and four Mega Evolutions, including a fucking Latias!" she shouted distastefully. Palermo quirked an eyebrow at the mention of Greninja and Latias.

"A Greninja with the Battle Bond ability AND a Mega Latias, you say? Now I wonder...Oh, that reminds me. I need to check up on how Tobias is faring on his Island Challenge. Though, knowing him, he probably already defeated Hapu." she stated with a dismissive shrug of her shoulders.

Lusamine smirked before saying, "Actually, he called yesterday to inform me of exactly that. And, to make matters worse for just about everyone, recently, Tobias went over to Kalos to capture Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Though, those three are merely stepping stones to an even more powerful Pokemon." Palermo smiled wickedly at the sound of that.

"Ah, then it's a good thing I asked my best executive to give him one of those Balls. I'm told by a reliable source that this Pokemon looks really cool and nasty when his heart has been closed off completely. Boy, those guys sure knew what they were doing in Orre twenty-five years ago! Blast that boy for thwarting them back then! And fuck that traitor and his bitch for laying the groundwork five years earlier! Oh well, at least we don't need to deal with them, that damn machine, or that fucking shrine now that the whole region's been wiped off the face of the Earth!" she exclaimed bitterly. Lusamine nodded in agreement.

"On the plus side, you got Delphox while Jessie and Mimikyu has Sylveon right where they want her. Not to mention that your executive kidnapped Leaf again. And Serena is about to take on her next trial with a gift from her father. Calem would be so proud of her." she replied in a dreamy way. Palermo internally groaned at the sound of that.

Oh, if only you knew that my own flesh and blood and your "late" husband had turned his back on us... she thought with anger flowing through her body. Despite the tension inside of Palermo, her face remained calm so that Lusamine couldn't suspect a thing.

The president of the Aether Foundation then frowned before saying, "That reminds me. Yesterday, I received a phone call from someone who is apparently a co-leader of a new organization known as Team Rainbow Rocket. She somehow has a Naganadel by her side and basically said they are coming after us." Palermo gasped in horror at the mention of the purple dragon.

"Shit. Not that darn Ultra Beast again. And here I thought he'd gotten rid of him...if this is even the same Naganadel we're talking about here." she mumbled under her breath. Thankfully for Team Rocket's head honcho, Lusamine did not hear her, nor did she question it.

Before they could say anything else, they heard a voice shout from the sky, "Deli delibird!" Palermo smirked evilly as she suddenly turned red. A few seconds later, she was standing up in her Madame Boss form.

"Well, it's about damn time you showed up, you worthless vile creature!" she exclaimed nastily as Delibird landed in front of her and Lusamine. She didn't let the rude comment get to her as she rummaged through her sack. Delibird eventually pulled out a rolled-up blueprint and a black square box with a closed envelope on top of it. She gave them both to Madame.