Chapter 23: The Rise Of A New Team

At Aether Paradise, Lusamine was sitting in her office. She had an evil smile on her face as she was talking to Serena, who was back in the Ultra Space, on her tablet.

"That's wonderful, dear. I'm happy to hear that you slapped that rebellious son of a bitch for me. It means a lot to me, knowing that my daughter is firmly on my side in this situation. And congratulations on defeating Hala! It must have been easy, right?" Lusamine asked with pride evident in her eyes. Serena simply smirked.

"Yep. That old, pathetic man couldn't even order an attack! That was hilarious!" she exclaimed with a laugh at the end. Lusamine couldn't help but laugh with Serena. As soon as they stopped, she suddenly became serious.

"Mom, it feels like I know Ash from somewhere. Or at least my heart is telling me that. And yet, I don't think I know him at all." Serena stated with a frown. Lusamine flinched at that, clearly remembering Ash's desire to free her daughter from the Nihilego's neurotoxin.

"Well, he does resemble Red in a way, so I could see why you'd think you recognize him." she pointed out. Serena's body shook in anger at the mention of Red.

"Yeah, that's true. Though, his Pikachu and Greninja look really familiar to me too. Not to mention that Delphox and Sylveon the one girl had. Now that I think about it, Kevin also resembles Red in a way too. But hey, you know what? It doesn't matter much in the long run anyway, considering that I don't think I'll ever hang out with those pathetic pieces of trash anytime soon. Though, I hope to see Ash in the League so that I could see him get humiliated by Tierno...assuming that we don't face each other before then." she admitted with a blush at the mention of Tierno.

Lusamine had a playful smirk on her face as she said in a teasing tone, "Oh ho ho, so you DO want to marry Tierno in the future, eh?" Serena's blush went up even more.

"Uh, yeah, but only if he beats Ash there. And he will, so I should start thinking about life with him." she stated in a confident tone. Lusamine nodded in agreement. She then grinned devilishly as a thought crossed her mind.

"You know, we could give Tierno an Ultra Beast like, say, Blacephalon or Stakataka." Lusamine suggested. Serena's eyes widened in delight at the idea.

"That's a great idea! I could help Tierno get acquainted with one of them." she replied excitedly. Serena then frowned.

"Wait, that would mean he has to share the Ultra Space with me. Not that I mind it if you don't either. Heck, I could use a sparring partner. Training gets boring when we're doing it on our own." she added with a shrug.

Lusamine giggled a little bit before saying teasingly, "Oh, of course I don't mind, dear. Just don't, you know, do any of the naughty stuff before you get married." Serena's face once again turned red.

"MOM! We're only sixteen!" she shrieked out, clearly embarrassed. In the background, Serena's Ultra Beasts were cracking up. Lusamine was laughing with them.

"Oh, Serena, I do enjoy teasing you about Tierno. Anyway, we're having your favorite dinner tonight: turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, you name it. I should probably get started on that." she said with a smile. Serena beamed at the sound of that.

"Oh, oh, oh, don't forget the cranberry sauce, Mom!" she exclaimed with Lillipup eyes. Lusamine giggled at that.

"Ah, yes, we can't forget the cranberry sauce! Your father used to do that all the time. But you look more adorable than he did when asking for it, so-" She was interrupted by her tablet ringing.

"Huh? Now who would dare interrupt our bonding moment?" Serena asked in an enraged tone.

Lusamine shrugged before saying, "Eh, it's probably your grandma. She is coming to Alola soon, remember? I should pick it up. See you at dinner." Serena smiled before nodding in agreement. After saying goodbye, they ended the call. Then Lusamine pressed on the Answer button to initiate the second call. When the screen popped up, what she saw made her recoil in shock.