Chapter 8: Invading A Paradise

After a quick checkup for Serena's Pokemon, the group ran back to the dock, where Gladion's boat was parked at. Ash had decided to fly on Charizard's back. That left the rest of the group, including Pikachu, who wanted to be with Sylveon, and Greninja, who also wanted to be with Delphox, to riding on the boat. Now, an hour later, with Charizard flying just above it, the boat was speeding towards Aether Paradise. Gary was looking up at a very focused Ash. He then looked back at Lillie with a mixture of fear and worry in his eyes.

She noticed this and asked, "Hey Gary, why do you look so afraid all of a sudden? Has Ash been like this before?" Misty was listening intently, as well. She had never seen Ash this focused, this angry, and with blue aura flaring around his body throughout their journey together.

Gary nodded before saying, "Ash was exactly like this once. We've never told anyone this story before. Not even Gramps or his own mother. It was too scary to even think about. I don't know if Ash even wanted to share it." Charizard flew down next to the boat so that Ash could talk to his friends face to face.

"Gary, we should tell them my secret. I mean, it's not as bad as, say, Lillie and Gladion's mom being evil and them having a mean stepdad and a beautiful stepsister who is being mind-controlled. Although now that we're talking about this, it is still kind of dark." he admitted with a pang of guilt evident in his voice. Lillie, Misty, and the Pokemon all looked at Ash curiously. Gladion raised an eyebrow to show that he was curious too.

"What exactly happened that made you like that before?" Misty asked her best friend. Ash shivered at what he was about to reveal to her, Lillie, Gladion, and the Pokemon.

"There was this one time at camp when Team Rocket invaded our campgrounds and tried to kidnap Serena for reasons that I don't even know today. And no, I'm not talking about Jessie, James, and Meowth. I'm talking about Cassidy and Biff or whatever his name is. Actually, I could care less what his name is. They hurt Serena, and I wasn't about to let them get away with it! I was not in complete control of my aura back then, so needless to say, I went totally berserk and used an Aura Sphere to prevent them from taking her. I was going mentally insane on them. In fact, I probably would have murdered those two lowly officers if Serena hadn't snapped me out of it. Thankfully, it was nighttime, and we, along with Gary, were camping out in the forest, so nobody else was around to witness the incident. As for Cassidy and Biff, they ran off so fast that they must have gotten to Viridian City in virtually no time at all." he explained in a dark tone. Everyone except for Gary just stared at Ash with disbelief evident in their eyes. Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, Snowy, and even Gladion had their mouths wide open while Misty, Lillie, Delphox, and Sylveon cupped their hand (or paw in Delphox's case and feeler in Sylveon's) over theirs.

Suddenly, somebody from all the way back in Viridian City of the Kanto region yelled out for the whole world to hear, "THE NAME IS BUTCH, NOT BIFF! GEEZ, WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO REMEMBER?!"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!" Ash shouted back in the general direction of the yell as he cocked an eyebrow upwards. The whole world fell silent. It was so quiet that they could literally hear a pin drop.

Dang, Ash! You almost murdered just to protect Serena?! Now that is something I never would have thought to hear from such a kindhearted trainer like yourself. Hm, I wonder what would have happened in this situation if you had not learned to control your aura. Who knows, you might have destroyed the whole freaking Alola region! Greninja exclaimed as a shiver ran down his spine.

True. We have Sir Aaron's Lucario to thank for that. The aura training that he gave me before he died at the Tree of Beginning has benefited me greatly. If I hadn't gotten that, then who knows what would be happening right now? Let me tell you something. If I was not in control of my aura when this happened, forget about the whole region. The whole freaking world would be nearing its destruction right now! If Serena hadn't snapped me out of my anger induced aura back then, this planet would have ceased to exist before I even started my journey. I'm not even kidding. That's how dangerous I could have been without my girl or the aura training. Ash explained as he looked down at his hands, which were balled up into fists. Greninja looked even more horrified as he gulped before nodding at those words. Everyone except for Gladion noticed this, and while Misty looked utterly confused, the rest of the group decided that they didn't want to ask Ash or Greninja what those two were talking about in their minds.