Chapter 15: A Test Of Mega Power

Ash, Pikachu, Gary, Lillie, and Snowy were flying on Latias's back to Iki Town. They had been silent since the incident with Brock. Ash decided to break it.

"Hey guys, about what happened with Brock just now..." He couldn't say any more as he looked down at his hands. Ash was still shocked that he just beat up one of his best friends like that. At the same time, he didn't regret it either, not after Brock had so willingly helped Lusamine adopt Serena. Suddenly, Ash felt Gary's hand on his shoulder.

"Ash, I totally understand your problem. You love Serena to the point where whenever something bad happens to her, you just want to beat up whoever is responsible for it, even if it is one of your closest friends. Don't think that I didn't see you trying not to hit Lusamine after she laid out the gauntlet for the League either. It's OK to be overprotective towards the love of your life. Hell, if Lillie had been turned into a slave by a Nihilego and adopted by such a vile bitch with you being a witness, I would have done the exact same thing, without the aura. I guess that just goes to show how much I love my girl." he stated with a sad, but, at the same time, loving, smile. Gary then felt Lillie's chin on his shoulder. She had a bright smile on her face.

"Aw, I love you too, Gare Bear." Lillie replied before planting a kiss on Gary's cheek. She then turned her head towards Ash.

"Ash, it's completely understandable that you're upset right now. Between Serena becoming my mother's puppet, Brock making a move on her behind your back, and, now, Hala's death threat against her, you have every right to be upset. After all, Serena is obviously very dear to your heart. I know she's probably watching you in spirit right now. She definitely wants to be in your arms, kissing you. She's behind you all the way. All you have to do is to never give up until it's over!" Lillie exclaimed in a determined tone. Ash couldn't help but smile a little bit.

He looked up at the Sun and, with tears flowing down his cheeks. said in a low tone, "Serena, if you're watching me, just know that I love you, and that I'm doing absolutely everything in my power to make sure I don't lose you. You are far more important to me than you realize." Ash then stared straight ahead, where he could see Iki Town on the horizon.

"Gary, Lillie, thank you. Without you two, I don't know what I would've done. You are the best friends a guy could ask for. Besides my Pokemon, that is." he stated gratefully. Pikachu nuzzled Ash on the cheek.

"Eh, no problem, Ash." Gary replied with a shrug.

"Yeah, what are friends for?" Lillie added sweetly. Ash nodded at those words. A minute later, they landed near the stone stairs leading up to Iki Town. Kevin was sitting on the first step with Maria on his right shoulder. They weren't alone, as a girl was sitting next to them. She had long brown hair and eyes of the same color and was wearing a white hat with a pink Pokeball logo, a sleeveless teal shirt, a pair of black sweatbands on her arms, a Mega Ring on her right wrist, a pink skirt, long blue socks, and athletic shoes with a pink stripe. The girl also carried a yellow trainer bag. Ash and Gary both gasped in surprise as they instantly recognized her.

"LEAF!" they exclaimed as they, along with Lillie, got off Latias. Leaf stood up and smiled warmly as she saw the two boys.

"ASH! GARY!" she shouted back as she ran up to them. Pikachu jumped on Latias's head as he, along with Lillie and Snowy, looked on in a confused manner. Though, the girl was looking a little jealous as well. Latias seemed to recognize Leaf from Ash's memories. When she got close enough, she wrapped her arms around Ash and Gary's waists and brought them into a double hug. They both smiled as they returned it.

"It's been ages since I last saw you two! How have you been?" Leaf asked as soon as they separated from the double hug. Ash looked a little down at the sound of that question.