Chapter 34: A Dream Of A Dark Future

"Ugh..." Ash murmured to himself in pain while opening his normal brown eyes. He found himself in total darkness with the floor being split into three distinct areas, made of water, lava, and a group of shadows. Ash instantly noticed that he was laying on the water section.

"Pikaaaaa..." he heard a familiar voice moan out. Ash looked to his left and saw Pikachu down on the shadowy ground with his eyes closed. He was surprised to see that his starter's body was see-through, but not invisible.

"Pikachu! You OK, buddy?!" Ash asked worriedly, his voice echoing around the void.

He then heard another voice speak telepathically into his mind, Where...are...we? Ash quickly turned the other direction and spotted Greninja struggling to get back up on the molten lava, his body also transparent. Ash glanced at his hand and saw that his own body was translucent too.

You're asking me, Greninja? The last thing I remember was us and Kevin-Kong battling against Jason and Silva-Phoenix for... He trailed off as a realization hit him like a brick.

Ash scrambled to stand up and yelled out, "NO! SERENA!" Pikachu revolted at the sound of that and stood on all four with his cheeks sparking. His eyes snapped open, and he let out a shocked yelp upon seeing Sylveon chained up inside a cage, clearly unconscious.

'SYLVIE!' Pikachu exclaimed in fright. He instantly took off at a very fast speed with a white outline surrounding him. Suddenly, the cage started getting pulled down into the shadowy ground.

'NO!' Pikachu shouted desperately. He leapt up for the cage, his tail glowing white. Before Pikachu could even reach it, however, a black sharp claw with a purple outline sprang up from a shadow hidden in the ground and slashed him across the face, knocking him back down.

"PIKACHU!" Ash and Greninja both shouted at the same time. And yet, they could do nothing to help their friend or Sylveon. It was like the duo were rooted to the spot. The cage finished descending into the ground with Sylveon nowhere in sight.

'No...Sylvie...' Pikachu uttered, struggling to push himself up. All of a sudden, the shadow rose up from the ground and began to morph.

"What..." Ash started with his jaw hanging ajar.

'The...' Greninja continued, eyes wide.

'Fuck?!' Pikachu finished, visibly shaken up. Sylveon then ascended, freed from the chains and cage but still knocked out cold, and laid next to the shadow, which was now the form of a Mimikyu with red glowing eyes.

'You...Don't you dare touch her...' Pikachu growled with hatred evident in his voice as he used the last bit of strength to keep himself upright. The shadow's head drooped to the side. Upon seeing Sylveon's prone body, she maliciously stared down Pikachu.

'This...will...be...your...Sylvie's...cruel...fate...' Mimikyu's shadow said demonically. She got surrounded by an orange aura and leapt over to Sylveon. Mimikyu expanded the size of the shadow and landed over her prey, covering her. Ash, Greninja, and especially Pikachu could only watch in terror as Sylveon was sent thrashing about, screaming. Tears were rapidly falling down the Mouse Pokemon's cheeks while they emitted a yellow spark of electricity. Storm clouds formed above the shadowy terrain, which he absorbed even more of it from.

'STOP THIS AT ONCE, YOU MONSTER!' Pikachu yelled out before closing his eyes. He fired seven bolts of electricity, each a different color of the rainbow, at Mimikyu's shadow.

"What...power..." Ash muttered to himself, utterly stunned by the display of power he didn't know his partner possessed. Greninja looked on in total disbelief as the powerful attack hit the shadow, causing a massive explosion. He and Ash shielded their eyes from the bright light and particles that were flying in every direction.