Nightwing x reader

Y/N: your name
E/C: eye color
---------------------
Currently, you were sitting in your apartment, watching tv, munching on popcorn. You were mindlessly scrolling through channels.

You settled on the news.

"Nightwing and his team once again save the day! Thank you all-"

You shut off the tv, not caring about the news. It's all the same, Justice League this, Young Justice that.

You were thankful for them, but sick of hearing about them.

You got up and put the popcorn on the counter. As you were heading back to your living room, when a knock came to your door. You changed course, and headed to your front door.

When you opened it you saw your boyfriend of one year, Dick Grayson. You smiled. "Hi!" You greeted. "Hey," he smiled and gave you a quick kiss.

You stepped aside, letting him in. He walked in and sat on your couch. "What's up?" You asked. He usually called or texted before coming over. "Just wanted to see you." He smiled.

You blushed lightly and sat next to him. "There's also something I've been wanting to tell you, but I just now got permission." He said. His blue eyes, looking into your E/C ones.

Of course, being the person you are, your thoughts immediately went to marriage. You thought it was too soon, maybe after two years, but not now.

He sighed and took your hands in his. "Dick... I-"

"Please, while I have the courage." He said, his blue orbs pleading.

You shut your mouth, nodding for him to continue.

He took in a deep breath.

"I can't marry you!"

"I'm Nightwing- What?!" You two started at each other, wide eyed.

You stared at each other, making things more awkward. You blushed out of embarrassment. "You thought I was going to ask you to be my wife?" You looked away.

Dick started laughing. Your head snapped to him. "You bastard! Is the thought of marrying me that outrageous?" You said, pulling your hands out of his. He sobered up instantly once you said that. "What? No! Of course not! But we've only been going out for one year. Believe me, Y/N, I'd love for you to be my wife, just... not yet."

His blue eyes looked into yours. His eyes were full of sincerity, and adoration.

Then it hit you. "You said you were Nightwing..." you looked at him. He nodded his head. "Yes, that-that is what I said." He said, stuttering. "So... why didn't you tell me sooner...?" You looked at him, sad he didn't trust you.

"I couldn't..." you looked down. His finger brought your chin up, forcing you to look at him. "I wanted too, Y/N, but Batman wouldn't let me."

"Batman has nothing to do with you." You pointed out. He dragged a hand over his face. "I was the first Robin."

You stared at him. "I...h-how-..." you couldn't get the words out. "I know you're probably upset, but-"

"I'm not upset." He looked at you. "Really?" You nodded. "I'm... glad that you told me." You gave a small, reassuring smile. He returned the gesture. "I just wish it was sooner." You mumbled.

Dick nodded, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, I wish I could have."

You couldn't take it anymore. You just wanted the dramatic, sappy conversation to be over. You tackled him in a hug, effectively knocking him onto the couch.

He laughed and hugged you, just as tight. "I love you, Dick." You mumbled, burying your face into his shoulder. He hugged you tighter. "I love you too, Y/N."

"No more secrets?" You whispered.

"No more secretes."

A/N:

Okay, so that's that! I hope y'all enjoyed it! I liked writing it tbh.

Anyways! Message me your requests!

Stay whelmed 🖤