Aqualad x reader

Y/N: your name
E/C: eye color
S/H/N: super hero name
--------------------------------

"S/H/N, down." The mechanical voice called. Nightwing had beaten you, again. Yeah, sure, you were still relatives new to the team, but you thought you would've gotten better by now.

Nightwing reached a hand out to you to help you up. "Thank you," you said, taking his hand. "You're getting better."

You rolled your eyes. "You don't have to lie to me." You walked over to a bench and drank some water. "I'm not," he walked over to you. "You may not be improving as much as you'd like, as quickly as you'd like, but you're improving." And with that, he left.

You sighed and sat on the floor.

"He's right you know."

You jumped and screamed. You looked to where the voice came from. "Oh, Kaldur'hm, you scared the living shit out of me." He laughed. "One, you can call me Kaldur, and two, language." You smiled up at him.

You had to admit, you had a small crush on him. "Sorry... Kaldur." You winked. He chuckled and helped you up.

"But for real, Nightwing is right. You are improving." You blushed slightly. "I guess." You shrugged.

"You guess?" You just shrugged again. Yeah, I guess." You countered. "Y/N, you should know." You sighed. "I know but I thought I would've improved more by now." He nodded. "It takes time."

"It's been four months." You stated. "Come with me."

~•~

You and Kaldur arrived at a beach. "Where is everyone?" You asked, looking around. The beach was empty. "It's a hidden beach." He answered. You nodded. "It's pretty."

Kaldur sat down, and you sat next to him. "When you first came here, you could barely get one punch in while fighting anyone. And now, you have successfully knocked Nightwing to his feet. Sure, you still lost, but it's a great improvement, Y/N." You started at him. He really knows how to make a point.

You nodded, looking at the water. "You're right, I should've recognized that." He nodded. "You're a good fighter." He said, looking at you. "You too."

Your E/C met his light green ones. "Y/N, can I kiss you?"

You blushed and smiled. "I was hoping you would."

And with that, you two kissed. It soft and sweet. The only sound was the waves crashing on the beach.

A/N:

Idk how I feel about this one but here you go!

Leave requests!

Stay whelmed 💘