BlueBeetle x Reader

You shakes fingers dialed the number to your boyfriends number.

"Hello?"

Tears sprung in your eyes. "Jaime! Hi!" You kept the pain out of your voice. Making it sound smooth, as if nothing was wrong. "Hi! Why'd you call? Everything okay?"

You gulp, "yeah! Of course. Just wanted to hear your voice."

You look down at the knife in your stomach. You suck in a shaker breath. "Have I told you how much I love you?" You ask.

"..no? Y/N? What's going on?"

"Well it's a lot. I love you so much it hurts sometimes. I always wanna see you o-or bear you-" you cut yourself off before you stop sobbing. "I love you so fucking much, Jaime. Don't forget that okay?"

A pause was heard. "No, Y/N you're being weird. I appreciate what you said. Believe me I do, and I feel the same way but... where are you?"

You sigh. "I'm in an ally off of 24th and 5th street."

"On my way."

Minutes later Jaime was there.

He powered down the blue armor and ran to you. "Y/N?! What the hell happened to you?!" Worry and rage filled his brown eyes. "I got jumped?" You said. He shook his head. "We're going to tell me?!" Your eyes watered, tears slipping out of them, "no." You admit. "I did t want you to see me like this."

His eyes softened, he picked you up and flew you to the hospital.

—-
Several surgeries, and blood transfusions later, you're in a hospital bed.

"Hermosa, I... I don't know what I would've done if I'd lost you."

"But you didn't." You smiled.

"I was sure as hell close!" He almost shouted. He lied his head on the bed next to your stomach. "Don't ever do that to me again, okay? I can't lose you."

You ran a hand through his hair. "You won't. I'm sorry."

He looked up. He leaned over and gave you a warm, loving kiss. "Te amo."

You smiled. "I love you too."

A/N: Hope you like it!!!

Stay whelmed 🤘🏻