Blue beetle x reader

Y/N: your name
SH/N: superhero name
E/C: eye color
------------------------------

"Blue beetle is attacking the city, meet at the bioship." Nightwings voice echoes through the cave.

You quickly put on your costume (mask is optional). You run to the bioship. Everyone gets in their seats as it flys towards where Jaime is.

He's been out of control for weeks now. You knew this wasn't him, this wasn't your Jaime.

He wasn't in control of his Scarab. "Alright, SH/N, you're up." You jump out of the bioship, landing gracefully on the ground.

There he was, destroying buildings, putting innocent people in harms way. He would never, purposefully harm innocent people. "Enough!" You're voice echoes through the rubble and chaos. BB stops immediately.

"Well if it isn't SH/N," he mocks. "Stop this, now." You growl. He only laughs. "What a dumb girl, you think the word stop is going to work? You'll need to try harder, hermosa." This made your skin crawl. That was what Jaime called you. He always called you beautiful.

Always.

This... thing has no right you be calling you hermosa. That word was reserved for Jaime.

You lunged for him, knocking him to the ground. "Don't call me that. Only Jaime can call me that."

"Darling I am Jaime." He said. "No you're not!" You shouted. He took the chance, and kicked you off of him.

You two fought for a while. "Jaime please!" You yelled. "This isn't you!" He slowly walked closer to you. He caressed your cheek. "Baby," he mumbled, his armor retracting. You let out a breath of relief. "You're so naive." He said.

A stinging pain erupted in your cheek, and suddenly, you were on the ground. "I never loved you." He said, before his armor was put back on. With that, he flew away.

You were left there, battered and bruised, and heart broken.

The team rushed to you. Tears streamed down your cheeks. M'gann read your mind. "Oh, Y/N, I'm so sorry." She said pulling you into a hug. You sobbed into her shoulder.

-two weeks later-

The team had gotten Jaime back to normal. You avoided him at all costs.

You knew it wasn't him talking, but it hurt just as much.

You also knew he didn't remember a thing, but the pain just wouldn't go away. The scarab knows his thoughts, what's if it was true. What if he didn't love you.

You sat in your room, on your phone. A knock came to the door. You got up to open it. Your E/C locked with his brown ones. "Y/N-"

"No." You cut him off. "Please don't." You whispered. You could see his heart drop, just by the look he had in his eyes. "Y/N, please, talk to me." You shook your head, tears springing in your eyes. "No." You mumbled. "Por favor." You just walked to your bed, sitting down on it.

Jaime followed. He stood in front of you. You saw his arm reach up to touch you, but he put it back down. "Hermosa,  I can't put into words how sorry I am." You shook your head. "Sorry doesn't change what you did." You said, looking away, blinking away the tears. He nodded. "I know."

It was silent for a while. "I would never hurt you, Mia amor." You looked into his eyes. He kneeled down in front of you. "I would never lay a harming hand on you."

You couldn't take it anymore. You couldn't hold it back. It all just came out, along with the tears. "I don't care that you hit me!" You yelled. Jaime looked shocked.

"It's what you said to me." You said, softer."

"What did I say...?" He looked terrified. You took in a shake breath. Wiping your tears, you spoke. "You said... you didn't l-love me." Jaimes heart dropped. "That you never did." You broke down into sobs.

You looked at Jaime. His eyes were glossy with tears. He looked at you, into your E/C eyes. "Hermosa, I have always loved you," he said, he moved closer and hugged your waist. His face was burning in chest. He lightly cried into you. "Please believe me, Mia amor." His voice cracked.

Your arms hugged him back, your hand running through his hair. You had sobered up after a while.

You two stayed in that position.

"Jaime," you spoke. He looked up, worried you might reject him. "I love you."

He got up and kissed you, pushing you onto the bed. "I love you too, Hermosa." You smiled and kissed him. "I'm sorry." He whispered. You shook your head. "You're forgiven." He smiled at you.

You missed that smile.

"Are you gonna kiss me or not? It has been two weeks y'know." He laughed and kissed you passionately.

You ended up falling asleep in his arms.

A/N:
YAY! Jaime Reyes! He's so cute!

Hope you all enjoyed it! Message me requests.

Duces 🖤