A Warm Welcome to Smash Academy

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters and all that. They belong to Nintendo and other affiliating companies. I don't own the Smash Bros. franchise either. This is a fanfiction written for entertainment purposes. 

-------------

The Smash Academy- A place where battling, tournaments and challenges were welcomed with open arms. I do wish you a warm welcome here. I hope you enjoy the stay. Make yourself comfortable as you read about what it's like to be in this particular world.

President Sakurai resides here. Him and his colleague were both responsible in creating this, many years ago. Now, alone on the job, President Sakurai watches over the academy each year, watching fighters coming and going and returning. The Smash Academy was his second home. The Smash Academy was an elite fighting school, aside from others. Challengers from all over the universe gathered in this very place, to prove their test, skill and training. Full of veterans, friends and newcomers, it surely was very exciting to be in. It wasn't an easy feat to get into: You had to be invited first. It wasn't something where you go in, register and sign-up for. You had to work hard for it, and if it was noticed, you would be going somewhere. 

In the stadium, located next to the Smash Academy where many of the students gather, we see a match taking place. A match between Mario and Link, two veterans of the Smash Bros.

The crowds begin to fill up the stands, all full of friends, family, fans, and newcomers and of course, the veterans. Our announcer sits in the stands above, 'Let's get ready to rumble!' The announcer says, hyping the energy in the arena. Princess Zelda sits in the stand with Fi, Impa, Midna, the Skull Kid and the Goddesses of Hyrule. The anticipation was high in the air.

"YOU CAN DO IT, LINK!" Shouts Zelda with her hands cupped around her mouth. On the other side of the arena, we see Princess Peach, Toad, Bowser and Luigi sitting there, cheering on for their friend, Mario.

In this world, everyone was friends. And they all had each other's backs.

In the changing rooms, a hero pulls on their brown glove over his hand, the Triforce glowing faintly on his left hand. He clasped his fist and outstretched his fingers, settling the glove. He reached out to the empty scabbard on his back and adjusted it, accordingly. He picked up the Master Sword lying down on the bench, its silver coating dazzling in the sunlight, the reflection appearing on the ceiling. He smiled.

"Link?" A voice called out. The green-capped boy turned around to find his angel friend from a world known as Skyworld running over. The angel skidded to a halt right in front of him, his wings going into Link's face who tried to bat it away without intention of trying to hurt him, "Whoops! Sorry about that," He said, flustered, more feathers falling out of his wings, "Listen, I just want to say, go for it today. Do your best. You are the part of the first match this year, so make every moment count. I will be rooting for you on the stands out there, okay?" Link put a hand on the angel's shoulder, just as he was about to ramble on.

"Pit, thank you," Link smiled. The angel-boy grinned, "Where would I be without a friend like you?" Link gleamed. Pit blushed a crimson red, causing his wings to go red.

"N'aw, stop it," Pit said, trying to swat him away, "Listen, when I first came to Brawl 6 years ago, no one would talk to me; you were the only one would help me around and I soon became one of the mos-"

"-most celebrated brawlers, I know," Link smiled, "and it's quite a feat to accomplish actually," Pit ghosted a small smile, "Despite the fact that you had only been there for a year."

Just as Link was about to go on, angry footsteps interrupted his thought, "PIT!" Link looked over Pit's shoulder. He widened his eyes. Pit then turned around to see green-haired girl walking in and she looked furious.