A Sacrifice

"Where are they?" Link said as he kicked dust on the ground, "I've regained my energy after 2 hours of sleeping and I am ready to slice grass!"

"What?" Little Mac asked, "Well done on the cover-up but we all know what you wanted to say..." He yawned and sat back against a tree in the shade, "Honestly, Link. Could you not find something better to do than to cut grass?"

"Heh, not when you find money, you don't," Link smiled and tipped his hat backwards. Little Mac sighed and closed his eyes. Link cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted, "LUCINA? ZELDA?" his voice echoing throughout the lands. But nothing.

"You think they need our help?" Pacman asked. Link shook his head.

"They are great warriors; I'm sure they don't need our help," Link turned around. Just as he was about to speak, a loud explosion came from behind. Link's eyes widened and he turned around. He noticed his Triforce glowing quite immensely on his left hand. Which could only mean one thing. Zelda was in grave trouble. Link drew a deep breath, "Let me rephrase that... They may just need our help." Link turned around, greeted by smoke dancing in the air. "We need to get down there," Link said, drawing his sword.

"Are you insane?" Link was pulled back onto the ground thanks to Greninja. Robin walked over to Link and crouched down, "What happened to 'Zelda and Lucina are great warriors'?" Robin asked. Link shoved his left hand into Robin's face.

"CAN YOU SEE MY TRIFORE GLOWING?" Link screamed at Robin. Robin grabbed Link's wrist and looked at the forehand. Robin frowned, "See? Because Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom, I can sense whether she's in danger."

"All I'm seeing is your glove..." Robin let go of Link's hand. Link brought his hand up to his face and looked at it himself. Indeed, the Triforce had disappeared. It could mean two things... They were either out of trouble or... Link winced. He couldn't think of the worse right now...

"Whoa... Did you see that?" Pacman said in amazement. Link pushed himself up and looked. There was nothing. What was Pacman seeing? "There was this immaculate light in the skies and... It disappeared... What was that? Did anyone else see it?" No one answered.

"Pacman... I think you need to lay off on those yellow things you eat in the maze..." Little Mac said rather slowly.

"No, seriously!" Pacman protested. Link stood up and dusted his tunic. Maybe what Pacman had just said, that was something related to Zelda...

"Ow..." Link put a hand on his forehead. He had begun to feel a pain in his head. It felt like a dull ache but it began to get sharper.

"Link? LINK?!" Pacman screamed. Link fell to the ground. Link looked up. His vision began to blur. He saw people crowding over him, mumbling to each other. Link felt his chest being pushed down.

"I can't seem to get a response from him... Link, hang in there, buddy..."

"Should someone give him mouth-to-mouth?"

"No!"

His eyelids slowly opened and closed- he was slipping in and out of consciousness.

And into unconsciousness he went...

----------

"LINK!" Link looked around. It was dark, it was desolated and he had no idea where he was... All he could see was Zelda standing there, right in front of him. Link grinned, "I tried to contact you. Did you not see the Triforce glowing?"

"I did... I wanted to go and save you but the others said that it was nothing. They probably think I'm so delusional..."

"Link, it doesn't matter what the others think... I need your help, majorly..."